Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time To Face The Music...
Well, I was finishing lunch and my gf comes in and says c'mon outside honey, I got something to show ya.
Well, I kinda knew what it was because we've been talking about it for a few weeks now.
There it was.... a Dodge Grand Caravan. :blink:
She took it out for a test drive and she likes it.
Wow, the feeling I got when I sat in the front seat and looked back was simply mind numbing. Damn this thing is huge! Dodge has their family pricing in effect also which ends this Friday.
It is the SXT version without any options. I told her that we should take atleast a day to think about it.
I'm a dye hard Ford guy... this will be painfull, but it will be "her" vehicule.
Dodge is taking her car as a trade-in and offered 7,000$ She still owes 9,000$ so they will add 2,000 to the price...
I realy wanted her to take a look at the 2008 Taurus-X but said she said it's out of our price range, and is kinda right. If I could get it for about 530$ a month lease, we would probably get it, but I highly doubt it.

Anyhoo, just thought I would share this with you all.

Anybody wanna go drag racing against my mini-van :lol:
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black
There's another reason that vehicle would scare me, and not because its a Dodge. :o
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
poor you.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Get a Ford Escape or the large CUV before the Edge?

Sorry man, but in my world if it doesn't have "SRT" anywhere on it (or it handles like a drunken cow), it's not going anywhere near my driveway... kids or no kids.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
you'll die a little each time you drive it.
'03 Focus SVT
What does she drive now?
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
My condolences.....I'd take a nice Mazda6 wagon (last year of production by the way) or a Audi A4 Avant anyday over a minivan.
meford, she drives a '04 ZX5 with 95K Km.
She says we absolutly need a 3rd row because there is no way we can fit 2 car seats and a booster seat on one bench seat, which kinda makes sense :(
I just called my local Ford dealer and he just (today) received a FWD Taurus-X SEL. This thing sits 6 passengers. But the price is gonna be out of our league anyways, so she'll never want to go try it out.
I think tomorrow she'll be signing the papers for a blue '07 Grand Caravan SXT :|
Don't have three kids guys.. LOL (althought I'll love him/her no matter what).

Just remember, that minivan is going to handle like a drunken cow compared to the Focus (I always got seasick riding shotgun with my dad in his LWB Caravan :ph34r:)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Aug 29 2007, 04:39 PM Wrote:Just remember, that minivan is going to handle like a drunken cow compared to the Focus (I always got seasick riding shotgun with my dad in his LWB Caravan :ph34r:)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]247925[/snapback][/right]
LOL!!
But if you need one get one they are cheap now. Just get tinted windows (really dark so people can't see you in them. They are great if you have kids too.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Slam that ride to the ground. :lol:
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Check out a Mazda 5!!!!!! If I ever need to buy a Minivan again, it'll be the Mazda
I think they're around $21,000
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
Honestly if you are thinking of a Caravan, Seriously think about how long you are actually planing on keeping it. I know for a fact that the Dodge Caravan is the abslote worst van on the market for keeping it value, so if you try to get something bigger or smaller down the road you'll be screwed as you'll end up owing more on this van then you did on her Focus.

If you are really looking at a Van concider a used one as it's cheaper, and there are more of them out there with better options then the SXT Caravan.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Do you have hair? Because as soon as my brother in law bought his Caravan he went bald. Good luck with that. :rofl:
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
^ lol... yeah, I still got "some" and want to keep it ;)

We just tried out the Taurus X FWD SEL.
Nice vehicule, handles like a regular cuv. The motor pulls very well (263hp) and the 6 speed tranny is great. Computer said I was averaging 9 litres per 100Km. But hit the peddle and it goes up to 12 - 13 in not time ;) Fit and finish is about average.
I noticed a couple of little things that aren't major but still visually there like the rear hatch weather striping wasn't staying in place in the middle lower part but I doubt that would be a problem/easily fixed.
No telescopic streering wheel, kinda sad but it did tilt.
Automatic temp control is kinda nice, but I would of loved heated cloth seats better like the Edge has!
Theres not that much room behind the 3rd row but would sufice for alot of people (apparently not for my gf , lol).
So, basicaly a 48 month lease on this car would be over 600$!!! Over our budget for a vehicele at this time.

So, I'm guessing she is still gonna be getting the Caravan no matter what I throw at her :(

Having a grand caravan ain't that bad. If you have a couple of kids and a big dog to haul around, you can't beat it. I bought a 2005 stow-n-go last year for $22k cash and I am not disappointed. It can haul everyone, it can take bikes, building supplies and it was pretty dirt cheap. If I could afford it I would be driving a nice Volvo or Audi, but I don't like making payments so cheap is the way to go. You won't be sorry, just remember it is only a van.
I like the grand caravan, but i'd never buy a new one. Take a look at a 1-2 year old w/ 50k on it...its less than 1/2 the price of a new one, at least thats what i'd do.
If it's a base model (and I love how Dodge buries that notion by calling it the SXT - it gives you the impression that it should be fairly well equipped, but it's not)... so like Hardk0re says, go shopping for one off a lease. You'll get much more for not much more in interest, if at all.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Right now the wife is driving a 2004 Freestar Sport. Much nicer driving experience than my inlaws 2005 Grand Caravan. Smoother, better ride, much better handling. The interior fit and finish is much nicer IMHO. Plus, the rear seat does the fold flat thing at least, and the middle row pops out in about 2 minutes flat.

Oh, and a heck of alot cheaper... You can pick up a 2004 - 2007 Freestar Sport for around $17k with decent kms.

Ryan
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
Well, we decided to wait... :)
The 3rd baby isn't due until April so why jump the gun.
Maybe ford will have better rates in the coming months!