Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sittin' Pretty
So I bought the car new last year, and finally got around to my first major mod. I was hopeing for a coilover system but since they don't make them for the 06 yet I decided to go with the Eibach Pro springs (1.5" all around). I was very dissapointed when the car came out of the shop!..It still looked stock. But a few days later after the springs had time to settle, I couldn't be happier!!!

As far as comfort and control goes, I can definetly feel the difference when takeing corners, the car hugs the road alot better. With that being said, the comfort level compaired to the stock springs is minimal. IMO the Pro-Kit is the perfect comprimise.

I know the hubcaps look like ass so, rims & rubber are next!!!

So, without further adue......

BEFORE: The Mile-High Club

[Image: 100_0380.jpg]

AFTER: Sittin' Pretty

[Image: 100_0857.jpg]

[Image: 100_0858.jpg]

[Image: 7.jpg]
Blacked-out 06 ZX3 : Eibach Pro's, Tokico Blues, Tri-Ax STS, Steeda SRI, Cosworth 67mm TB, Cosworth Header, Energy Suspension Poly Mounts, PS2, Red & Black Katzkins...
looks nice, did you use the stock dampers? How much did they charge to do the instal? I wanna do the Ford Racing set up but I dont know about the damper options. Anyways that looks nice.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
I just went with the stock dampers. I looked into it and there are few options for that year. And I figured this setup was only temporary till the coilovers are available. Springs were $320, Install $130, Allignment $70
Blacked-out 06 ZX3 : Eibach Pro's, Tokico Blues, Tri-Ax STS, Steeda SRI, Cosworth 67mm TB, Cosworth Header, Energy Suspension Poly Mounts, PS2, Red & Black Katzkins...
Lookin' good!!

Get those skirts painted and on too!!

2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
Thats a great price on the install. Where did you get it done? I have a Pro-Kit I need installed aswell. I cannot wait till I them put in. But for now they are installed in the box in the hatch. LOL
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
NIce ride height for a 1..5 drop. Nice clean black ride too
[Image: style2,duratec-spc-power.png]
that is a nice drop and a nice install price....
i've paid $170 to install my dumpers+springs
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
I Got the springs and the install from Auto Accessory Zone in Whitby (Hopkins St.) They were the best all around price. Everywhere else I looked wanted around $170 to install and up to $400 for the springs. Their install guys are good, clean, and quick. I think I just found my new part source!!!
Thanks for the comments!
I knew it as soon as you passed me on the 407 on the way to the BBQ that you were not just another plain ZX3 but you were a member of this club with a modded focus on the way to Anthony's.

Even though externally you look stock, I could tell by the nice lowered stance that this guy has done some modding. At speed you could not really tell what kind of wheels you have, although in static mode I can see that they are only wheel covers over steel wheels. That did not matter it really looked good on the highway.

BTW, those are the same springs that I have been riding on (with stock dampers) for 35000km and so far so good. B)
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
i see it has the same trait as the steeda kit for the 2000... the rear sits slightly lower then the front... just enough to bug ya. <_<
Silver 2000 zx3: Cai w/ K&n X-Stream filter, Steeda Wires (blue), Ngk plugs, Steeda Badges, Carbon taillights, Tint 20/30, blue glow And steeda Springs sirius sat radio, 2.5" Custom mandrel bent catback
Hey thanks dBlast, I seen ya in the distance a new right away where you were going. lol Your car has such a nice stance!!! I could have sworn you were riding on coilovers. Really nice ride man!!! I had my eye on it all day.

...and yes SilverSteeda, I have noticed it and yes, it does bug me. lol
but at least I'm level now, so, I'm more than happy.
audionut405,Aug 17 2007, 03:41 PM Wrote:...and yes SilverSteeda, I have noticed it and yes, it does bug me.  lol
but at least I'm level now, so, I'm more than happy.
[right][snapback]246969[/snapback][/right]

Ya... it much nicer then the "rolly polly you can't control me" factory ford stance...

Mines the same way... atleast you can't see the springs in the gaps anymore ;)
Silver 2000 zx3: Cai w/ K&n X-Stream filter, Steeda Wires (blue), Ngk plugs, Steeda Badges, Carbon taillights, Tint 20/30, blue glow And steeda Springs sirius sat radio, 2.5" Custom mandrel bent catback
looks good, though the stock wheel covers are better then looking at the steel rims.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
It must be a ZX3 S/SE suspension thing cause even though I sit high, it handles tight. Real tight.

That's coming up in the future though... a drop and thicker anti-sways.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.