Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tires Fuzion
Fuzion HRI or Fuzion ZRI and this is for all year not just summer which should I buy ,,,, ?
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
I have Fuzion ZRi's and I would NOT suggest them for any sort of winter driving. The compound is to hard and the tread is not winter friendly. I have a set of winter tires that I bought after the 1st snowfall 2 winters ago. I was going nowhere fast.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
prob HRi, but i don't think either one will be that great in winter.. you could pick up some steelies and canadian tire winter tires for cheap so you can get whatever tire you want for the summer
When I was looking for tires, I went to the local Green and Ross and asked about Fuzions and Falkens. The Falkens, according to the person I dealt with, are the better tire and cheaper. But, neither is recommended for winter. Don't you get a lot of snow down there? Would would do best to get a set of winter tires too, save some of your "moddin' money" to get a good set of snows and steel rims.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
well there is snow but usually in bad storms im not driving and it dont take long for the roads to be cleaned ... more slushy then anything else. far as steelies to buy 4 tires and 4 rims would not be cheap , I could prolly find some Tempo rims or something 14inch but ....
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
I drove my car last winter on HRI's....their okay...i mean, it's a focus, not my bronco....just drive it like a car on all season tires..
2001 Sangria Red ZTS, Zetec 5-spd, key gouges on hood and passenger fender (thanks idiots!Wink

Drivetrain and chassis: CAI, Steeda STS

Interior and exterior: Blacked out sidemarker lens, blacked out tailights, blacked out 3rd brake light, de-badged, cobra 40 ch. CB, Sirius

VA3RBV, Basic class licence!
i'm pretty sure you could pick up a set of winter tires and steelies for less than $400 if you looked hard enough.. well worth it to get winter tires. best money i ever spent on my car. even in an awd subaru i use winter tires
I'm not sure about the HRis but I guarantee you that first solid week of near-freezing temps will get my stocker Pirelli P6s tossed back on. I won't be driving in our late fall / early winter with Fuzion ZRis!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Well I priced around and everywhere I look 205/50/16 is a v rated tire which puts the price up, The cheapest ive priced are $500 installed tax in for walmart marshalls with no warranty.

The fuzion Hri are 580 installed tax in for $580

Wish I could just find some basic all seasons that are 205/50/16 they are all performance tires I cant run in winter ... Anyone ever try some late model Tempo rims on there focus ? I know the bolt pattern is the same.. would I have problems with anytihng rubbing on 14's ? I can most likely get 4 rims for like 40 bucks for the winter.
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99
The Fuzion HRi's would be ok for you, as would the Bridgestone Potenza G009's. My dad is on his second set of the G009's on his V6 Topaz, and it gets around fine in the snow...the Fuzion HRi is based on this tire...

L8tz
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
thanks for the reply drivesthebeast ... Wish i would have had the cash right away for your rims ...nos2go is lucky man lol

Its nice to hear that someone actually winter driven them and that they are somewhat ok , im not looking for ultimate grip I mean its an ALL SEASON . If its all over the road ill through some winters on then lol .

Do the fuzion tires seem to last quite a while ? my p6 didnt last at all and ive heard focus are rough on tires dont wanna put new rubber every summer ... and no not spinning them try spin an automatic with traction control lol
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99
im leaning towards zri and some winters... ;) just cant decide :ph34r:
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99