Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marcy Motorsport
is it closed :ph34r:

if you go on the site, there's no more focus parts

i ordered a cai last march and i'm still waithing for it :angry:

i sent an e-mail and no response.

anybody whant to tell me what's going on?

Hammer him with phone calls, PMs on FocalJet and emails. He took his Focus parts fab toys and went home. He installed a nice, shiny new dyno for his pickup and Mustang customers (more profit margin) but he had a decent following of Focus followers that he gutted. He is no longer supporting / making parts for the Focus community. That's sad, cause more than a few folks were waiting for his alternative-to-Cosworth intake manifold.

Also, find that receipt of payment. You may need a lawyer, although with him being in the States I'm not sure what options you have available for you.

Go Cosworth or FS (depending on if you want a K+N filter at the end or an ITG foam filter).

My money's on calling him at least 3-4 times a week till he gets the impression you're serious. Which shouldn't be necessary, but apparently it is.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I have heard Macy Motorsports has been in trouble for at least 6 months, Nos2go4me is right...call him when ever you can! If you paid for a CAI you should get it. If that dosnt work tell him your going to call the BBB.
Best of luck.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
I called him in March, credit card in hand, to verify he had stock of his CAI before ordering online. To his credit, he told me not to order that day as they were cutting concrete to install the new dyno. He also told me to contact him in about 6 weeks as he needed to make each intake. Fair enough.

A couple of weeks later, the ugly rumours started. There was an ungodly s***storm on FJ and he quelled it by saying he was effectively "rebooting" his entire business and business practices. The lemmings (myself included) waited.

Then, by mid to late April, it was a done deal. More witch-hunts and pitchforks as everyone clamored to get their cash back. You may end up being one of the "forgotten" that he realizes that he doesn't have as much of a legal obligation to. Again, hopefully not. I hate seeing any members getting screwed over.

EDIT - another recent casualty: http://forums.focaljet.com/ask-our-sponsor...hip-things.html - you may have to register if you don't have a FJ account. For the tech advice alone, they're indispensable. Just don't openly support or berate GWB. s*** like that will get you lynched. :lol:

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Ya there's been more than a few threads posted on FJ about marcy motorsports. Unfortunately most of them are people in the same situation as you. Good luck to ya and i hope it works out for you. If you paid by visa you may be able to use them to try and get your money back.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

LAST March, as in 2006?

I'd definately call your credit card company and BBB.

I had nothing but good luck with him, but appears I was one of the few, unfortunately.

He bit off more than he could chew, and totally screwed everyone in the process. Makes me almost want to ditch my CAI and get another brand on general principle. He got pretty belligerent and defensive over on FF and FJ, too when they started jumping his ass.

Good luck, and I hope they can get things sorted out.

The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
last march as in 2007 .......torradan

thanks guys

i will let you know.

i payed with visa so maybe i will have some money back.

i'm going to hamer is ass with e-mail's and phone call's :angry:

ever since i hade this new focus everything is going wrong :(

well!!! i think it will be a FS cai

fastfocusgigi,Jun 6 2007, 07:27 PM Wrote:i payed with visa so maybe i will have some money back.

i'm going to hamer is ass with e-mail's and phone call's :angry:

ever since i hade this new focus everything is going wrong :(

well!!! i think it will be a FS cai
[right][snapback]240764[/snapback][/right]

From the sounds of that thread, he doesn't respond to emails and doesn't answer his phone. It's always worth a try though, since he insists that he's trying to resolve all the problems. You might want to try blocking your number with *67 or something, since he may be avoiding calls from certain numbers (like the ones with outstanding orders).

That's a pretty s***ty situation to be in though.. hopefully you can get Visa to do a charge-back since it's over the 30 days or whatever limit they usually place on transaction problems. I just can't understand why a business would take an order, collect the money and not send the parts.. and then the icing on the cake is avoiding all communication. It just makes him look even worse.. delays can be frustrating, but open communication and a refund option would totally redeem his business. I guess it's probably too late for that now, good luck on getting your parts or your money back though.
The bottom line is that this is the pitfall of Internet vendors - the lack of responsibility. Depending on who you ask, Walter Marcy is either a sinner or a saint. He knows an awful lot about the Focus motors and he has made some really good stuff for them, including high-comp performance and race motors.

The downside is that his profit margin wasn't what he wants it to be, so he has literally stopped caring about the Focus market. He'll pay up if you can either get to him or legally "get to him", but otherwise it's 50,000 messages on FJ to get his attention. This is what you entertain when you can't walk in the door and buy the product off a shelf.

All the best in your search for your cash, man.