Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Suspension Needed.
Just found out my front springs and shocks are broken, both sides.

So happy time begins. What to replace them with...

So i'm looking at 3 options:

1. New stock springs and shocks.

2. SVT upgrade (if there are still any around)

3. Eibach Pro System Plus or performance equivalent.

What do you guys think?

I can't get rid of the car just yet, might be stuck with it for another winter and can't afford a new one just yet.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
If you have any thoughts of getting rid of the car short term, then do nothing other than stock replacement IMO

Why spend $ that you'll never get out of the car when you do sell it?

NefCanuck
If you're honestly thinking of getting rid of it, but not sure i'd suggest maybe the SVT kit as a good compromise. It won't break the bank, but it'll give you a little bit of an upgrade, drop the car a little bit.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

If getting rid of the car is the probability then staying stock is your best option ... consider a used set from the wrecker or generic aftermarket.

Oscar The Grouch,Apr 28 2007, 07:15 PM Wrote:Just found out my front springs and shocks are broken, both sides.

So happy time begins.  What to replace them with...

So i'm looking at 3 options:

1. New stock springs and shocks.

2. SVT upgrade (if there are still any around)

3. Eibach Pro System Plus or performance equivalent.

What do you guys think?

I can't get rid of the car just yet, might be stuck with it for another winter and can't afford a new one just yet.
[right][snapback]236670[/snapback][/right]
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
wasent there a recall on this?
2003 Zx3 French Blue
but as soon as u choose option #3 you'd want to keep the car for more then just one winter :P

stock otherwise
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
_JC_,Apr 28 2007, 08:55 PM Wrote:wasent there a recall on this?
[right][snapback]236677[/snapback][/right]

really?

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Oscar The Grouch,Apr 28 2007, 10:03 PM Wrote:
_JC_,Apr 28 2007, 08:55 PM Wrote:wasent there a recall on this?
[right][snapback]236677[/snapback][/right]

really?
[right][snapback]236685[/snapback][/right]
PM me your VIN, I can check for you tonight.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Yes, there was a recall on the spings only as Ford failed to apply sufficent anti-corrosion material from the factory. The recall only applies in certain provinces.
I had one of my front onces changed as it broke in 2 and damaged the strut.
Yellow 2000 ZX3 - Tinted Windows, SVT Air Intake, MBRP Exhaust, NewEdge Performance 2.25" Flex Pipe, Focus Sport UDP, SVT Bumper, Ford Racing 9MM Wires, K&N Filter, XCal2 ECU Upgrade, Shorty Antenna, Ported Throttle Body
190,000 KM (120,000 Miles) and counting!
You can check on line at Ford.ca to see about the recall.Check in the maintenance section. Mine is on the list, if, or when the spring breaks.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
If you are gonna keep the car...get the SHM/Multimatic kit, hands down.
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Called the Ford shop today, they're gonna replace the springs under warranty. Yay no money out the door!

Oscar The Grouch,Apr 30 2007, 11:07 PM Wrote:Called the Ford shop today, they're gonna replace the springs under warranty.  Yay no money out the door!
[right][snapback]236887[/snapback][/right]

You're welcome!
See, not all Focus recalls are bad... though I guess now you're not upgrade the suspension...
Yellow 2000 ZX3 - Tinted Windows, SVT Air Intake, MBRP Exhaust, NewEdge Performance 2.25" Flex Pipe, Focus Sport UDP, SVT Bumper, Ford Racing 9MM Wires, K&N Filter, XCal2 ECU Upgrade, Shorty Antenna, Ported Throttle Body
190,000 KM (120,000 Miles) and counting!
Yeah. Gotta save up money for the real fun project, Stang GT or Mazdaspeed 3.

Thanks for the info. My wife's ZX3 just broke the front spring so I called the dealer and it goes in Monday. He tolld me that Ford covers them for 10yr/240,000kms.
definately find a used set, with whatever option you choose
'04 liquid grey ZX3 - my FSP auto-x car
'02 infra-red SVT  - my street car, now for sale