Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Svt Style Pod Gauges
I have always been a big fan of the SVT pod gauges that are mounted in the dash where a non-SVT Focus has the useless coin holder.

[Image: focusDash.jpg]

How do I get one of these to go into my ZX3? How difficult is it to get the guages installed and working?
Yellow 2000 ZX3 - Tinted Windows, SVT Air Intake, MBRP Exhaust, NewEdge Performance 2.25" Flex Pipe, Focus Sport UDP, SVT Bumper, Ford Racing 9MM Wires, K&N Filter, XCal2 ECU Upgrade, Shorty Antenna, Ported Throttle Body
190,000 KM (120,000 Miles) and counting!
I don't know any standard focus that actually go these working in their car, most just make their own fiberglass gauge pod for (2 1/16" gauges) or buy one.

eg:
Some I Made
and Im in ottawa...so Im closer than kev :P

One I made...

[Image: Picture_089.jpg]
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I'd suggest making one or getting on made like Flo or hardk0re's, it will look pretty good when your all finished and have an accurate reading on the gauges.
'03 Focus SVT
[Image: IMG_3860.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3868.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3887.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3888.jpg]
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
I'm not overly concerned about the accurancy of the gauges.
No one has mentioned being able to buy the SVT gauge surround, is it not available? If so what is the part number?

I like to more for the looks.
If someone has a moded one for sale I would be interested.

I must say though, GREAT job on fabricating these, they do look amazing.
Yellow 2000 ZX3 - Tinted Windows, SVT Air Intake, MBRP Exhaust, NewEdge Performance 2.25" Flex Pipe, Focus Sport UDP, SVT Bumper, Ford Racing 9MM Wires, K&N Filter, XCal2 ECU Upgrade, Shorty Antenna, Ported Throttle Body
190,000 KM (120,000 Miles) and counting!
You could try focus salvage. They might have that part. The only prob is that they're in the states, so it might cost ya a lil for shipping, but if you want authentic SVT gauges they'll prolly be the place to get them for a good price.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Alec Brandon,Apr 18 2007, 03:59 PM Wrote:I'm not overly concerned about the accurancy of the gauges.
No one has mentioned being able to buy the SVT gauge surround, is it not available?  If so what is the part number?

I like to more for the looks.
If someone has a moded one for sale I would be interested.

I must say though, GREAT job on fabricating these, they do look amazing.
[right][snapback]235349[/snapback][/right]

Oh Im sure you can get them through campell ford or another svt dealer, its getting the gaugues to work that could be a problem.

I fyou want...take off your current one, you dont really need it to drive anyways and I can make you one for cheap. ;) Probably take me a week-end to do.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Found this on ebaymotors.uk Not too sure if it was what you had in mind or not.
[img]
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s108/...05/pod.jpg
[/img]
Blacked-out 06 ZX3 : Eibach Pro's, Tokico Blues, Tri-Ax STS, Steeda SRI, Cosworth 67mm TB, Cosworth Header, Energy Suspension Poly Mounts, PS2, Red & Black Katzkins...
That one wouldn't do much good unless you're driving a RHD Focus.. It would be a ST170 part (Europe's version of the SVT) but you can see it's reversed.

You can buy all the parts, but it's possible that it wouldn't work without the SVT gauge cluster and/or SVT computer. You're probably better off talking one of the guys on the board into making a gauge pod for your cluster bezel.. it doesn't have the clean "behind the glass" look of the SVT but it would probably work a lot better and be a ton cheaper. And that way you can put whatever gauge(s) you choose in the spot.