Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Cities Walk For Ms
So, my fiance works for the Multiple Sclerosis Society here in Windsor, and today they had their annual fund raising walk. A couple thousand people came out and walked the course and helped raise over $100,000. It was early, cold, and did I mention early. We had to be there just after 8 this morning, and man, the wind coming off of the river was damn cold. This walk had a 2km, 5km, and the 10km course, with check points ant the end of each leg. Feeling energetic I decided to walk the whole course, at the half way point I felt even stupider, and jogged the rest of the way. My legs are killing me :banghead: what a dumb idea it was.

Because of the job my fiance posseses, i see how many people have MS, and feel fortunate the I am healthy, and am able to do things without the aid of wheelchairs, and or walkers, etc, Simple things that some of those who have MS have a hard time doing, or can't at all.

All in all it was a great event. I didn't realize how many people would actually come out in support this cause. Kind of makes me feel proud for going and doing the whole thing.

Anywho, here is a link for those who want more info on what MS and the walk is all about
MS Website

Thanks for your support. My wife has MS and it's a real sh@#$$y disease. Let your fiancee know that she is doing good work for a good cause.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
oldeguy,Apr 16 2007, 05:33 AM Wrote:Thanks for your support. My wife has MS and it's a real sh@#$$y disease. Let your fiancee know that she is doing good work for a good cause.
[right][snapback]234869[/snapback][/right]

How long has she been living with it.

laidman,Apr 16 2007, 09:12 PM Wrote:
oldeguy,Apr 16 2007, 05:33 AM Wrote:Thanks for your support. My wife has MS and it's a real sh@#$$y disease. Let your fiancee know that she is doing good work for a good cause.
[right][snapback]234869[/snapback][/right]

How long has she been living with it.
[right][snapback]235025[/snapback][/right]
Symptoms for the last 25 years, off and on. Officially diagnosed in 1996.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Walk It Out ZX5focused 1 1,142 01-06-2007, 04:51 AM
Last Post: Mike Rudat