Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emissions?
has anyone ever tried getting emissions with a shorty header combo with the race pipe, flex, and cat back, CAI..... and passed??

danny
GO: OBX shorty header, Bosal Flex, MBRP cat back, Esslinger UDP, FC 65mm T.B, Super Chips custom tune, Findanza Flywheel, Eibach springs, KYB shocks, FS strut bar Power Slot Rotors......

SHOW: JSM front lip, Kaminari rear lip, DTM side skirts, HID, projection headlights, Euro Tails, Clear sides, Roof spoiler, Tunes, Custom Gauge Clutster......
danny, with or without a cat??

edit: it will automatically fail if there is no cat present
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
ZX5focused,Feb 2 2007, 03:59 AM Wrote:danny, with or without a cat??

edit: it will automatically fail if there is no cat present
[right][snapback]225456[/snapback][/right]

how did the guy with the ford truck that was in the papers pass with no cats, and other emissions stuff pass??
GO: OBX shorty header, Bosal Flex, MBRP cat back, Esslinger UDP, FC 65mm T.B, Super Chips custom tune, Findanza Flywheel, Eibach springs, KYB shocks, FS strut bar Power Slot Rotors......

SHOW: JSM front lip, Kaminari rear lip, DTM side skirts, HID, projection headlights, Euro Tails, Clear sides, Roof spoiler, Tunes, Custom Gauge Clutster......
some emissions guys will get you by if you pay them a few bucks, as long as you haven't failed before.

You NEED a cat to pass emissions... unless you got a race header, swapping out the cat bypass pipe for a cat is what 20 minutes?
yep, I passed with race headers and small cat in the flex pipe.
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

mo_focus,Feb 2 2007, 06:43 PM Wrote:yep, I passed with race headers and small cat in the flex pipe.
[right][snapback]225549[/snapback][/right]

that cat you put in there what kind of cat did u get and how did u fit it? i have a bosal flex and if maybe you got pics!!

go to Canadian tire and get the magnaflow universal cats, then jsut get it welded into the MBRP in front of the resonator. thats what i did, passed with flying colors
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs