Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parking Lamps (orange) Mod
Does anyone know how to do the parking lamps (orange lights on the front) modification?

I want to have them on without the headlamps being on. Someone told me the american focus have this option built in and i should buy a switch from them?

I think our canadian focus have 4 settings:

1) off (but low headlamps on whenever car is turned on)
2) parking lamps (+ panels and taillights)
3) headlamps on full + parking lamps and all other panels
4) same as above and foglights.

I would like to keep options 1, 3, and 4, but i was wondering if when i switch to option 2 the parking lamps turn on BUT have the headlamps turned off.

any ideas?
Be the change you want to see in this world.
cornflakes,Nov 1 2006, 12:58 PM Wrote:Does anyone know how to do the parking lamps (orange lights on the front) modification?

I want to have them on without the headlamps being on.  Someone told me the american focus have this option built in and i should buy a switch from them?

I think our canadian focus have 4 settings:

1) off  (but low headlamps on whenever car is turned on)
2) parking lamps (+ panels and taillights)
3) headlamps on full + parking lamps and all other panels
4) same as above and foglights.

I would like to keep options 1, 3, and 4, but i was wondering if when i switch to option 2 the parking lamps turn on BUT have the headlamps turned off.

any ideas?
[right][snapback]214133[/snapback][/right]

I've seen a kit for this on Ebay but don't know anything about it. I think it was going for less than $10 and included instructions.
Good Luck,
Fader
2002 ZX5
MBRP Cat Back - K&N Typhon - KYB/AGX Shocks and Struts -Vogtland Springs, 1.5 inch drop - Primax 772's - Toyo TPT 205/50R16's - Nextar Navigation
Friends call me Fader.
G.F.T.L.S.T.R.
Pull the high beam fuse, turn on headlights, and switch to high beams...LMAO!

half ass but should work.
2002 Infra-red ZTS
just pull the DRL relay in the fuse box under the hood

2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
DRl fog light mod.

Switches your daytime running lights from your headlights to the fogs. Allows your parking lights to be on without your headlights being on.

http://www.ofoc.ca/garage/drf/
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
The only way to do that is to disable your DRLs (or run them to a different set of lights, like the fogs as was suggested). With daytime running lights the only way to turn them off is to turn off the car (on the Focus anyway, a lot of cars will turn off when the e-brake is engaged).
Here is a photo of my car with this mod.

[Image: NiagaraCruise200600003.jpg]
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
but i dont want the fogs on either....i just want the parking lamps on. So there is no way to turn only the parking lamps on without the DRLs and fogs on?

The only way is to pull out your DRL relay from the under-hood fuse panel. It might be possible to wire your marker lights as DRLs but that could get complicated.

Also be aware that it may be illegal to disable the DRLs on your car, although most cops wouldn't notice. You need DRLs to pass a safety inspection anyway (if you car was originally equipped with them, that is).
As long as the DRLs are enabled for a safety inspection, that's all they're legally required to be there for. Of course, arguing this at length with the cop at the side of the road might not be in your best interest. :P

I think pulling your DRL relay is the best way to do what you want, as others have said.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
i've noticed some cars seem to have this option built in (where the DRLs are off and the orange lights are on only). So, the cops would have to memorize which cars have them naturally and which don't and then pull the cars over that don't have DRLs on that should? I guess it is risky(?)

Isn't this the same issue with xenon headlights? I think i heard something like it was okay for cars that came with xenon headlights to have them but not for cars that don't (and the cops would know which cars naturally have them and which cars had them switched and installed).

Hello!?!?!

just do what i said...it works. Done.

[Image: Focus-svtgrille001-2.jpg]
2002 Infra-red ZTS
I think guys he means more along the lines like this

1. Wants the DRL's on when the lights are off and the car running
2. Wants the DRL's Off when the car's lights are on the "parking" setting
3. Wants the lights on when in the on position and the car running.

like this.

[Image: 000_0251.jpg]
[Image: 000_0252.jpg]

I found that the easiest way to keep your DRL's and have that as a function is getting this:

[Image: 000_0250.jpg]

A european Headlight switch with the rear / front fog light and city light function, as it's just a direct plug in and your done.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
yes, basically all i want is an option to have my parking lamps on while the DRLs are off. I don't want to rewire or anything to do with fogs.

Where can i buy this european switch? Is there also an american switch? Do i simply remove the cover of the stock and clip on this new cover or are the dimensions a little different?

cornflakes,Nov 2 2006, 10:20 AM Wrote:Where can i buy this european switch?  Is there also an american switch?  Do i simply remove the cover of the stock and clip on this new cover or are the dimensions a little different?
[right][snapback]214313[/snapback][/right]

You'll have to swap out the whole switch assembly, the european switch includes things like a rear foglight switch and possibly up/down controls for motorized headlight adjustments (like on the european version HIDs), and also a city light function (the little 194-sized peanut bulbs in euro headlights).

Your DRLs will still come on when the car is on as long as you leave the relay plugged in though, there is no way to shut off your headlights completely while the car is running on the Canadian Focus.
plus mitch sells them for $100 something plus the cost of shipping and taxes... it's where I got mine, and yes you can hook up the rear foglights if you get the european tail lights, or rear bumper in the hatchback's place. all your doing really to make them work is running a wire directly to the foglights and putting the wire in the correct wire slot in the back of the american plug on your headlight plug as it's all ready there.

and it's all european headlights that have the motors in them, it's just a matter of finding them from someone and hooking them up.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Ok so you want your day time running lights off and only your parking lights on right

Ok if so open the hood go into the fuse box and I think its your #12 fuse

if you have a manual look to see what # the running lights fuse is

now go turn your headlight switch 1/8 turn and you should have the mod that you want

at night just turn the switch all the way I think its the third position and you have all the lights on including your head lights

Correct me if Im wrong
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]
Tiketz,Nov 24 2006, 04:39 PM Wrote:Ok so you want your day time running lights off and only your parking lights on right

Ok if so open the hood go into the fuse box and I think its your #12 fuse

if you have a manual look to see what # the running lights fuse is

now go turn your headlight switch 1/8 turn and you should have the mod that you want

at night just turn the switch all the way I think its the third position and you have all the lights on including your head lights

Correct me if Im wrong
[right][snapback]217371[/snapback][/right]

And you are wrong indeed.

He has clearly said twice he wants the DRL on when the lights are off and off when in the park setting without turning off the car to achieve this effect with out dissconnectting the DRL's. He aslo said he dose not to do any wiring or removal of fuses.

Solution a European headlight switch: as it turns off the DRL automatically when you turn on your parking lights, thus keeping the DRLs functional, as everyone has seen my car driving round like that a few times and at a few meets. And the great thing about the Euro switch is it's a direct plug in with no modding to it needed at all.
try looking for a Mexican focus light switch.. Its identical to that of the european light switch, but may cost less due to the fact your buying it from north america
My other ride is your Mom
Frost__2001,Nov 25 2006, 12:31 AM Wrote:Solution a European headlight switch: as it turns off the DRL automatically when you turn on your parking lights, thus keeping the DRLs functional, as everyone has seen my car driving round like that a few times and at a few meets. And the great thing about the Euro switch is it's a direct plug in with no modding to it needed at all.
[right][snapback]217393[/snapback][/right]
Would you happen to have a part number Philip? I'm kind of interested in this myself and I have some connections at Ford Mexico I might be able to leverage.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *