Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trubendz
Ok i'm also looking at trubendz.com and they have a very specific section for 2004 sedan models for exhaust kits:

link

im looking at the 2.25" stainless exhaust for the sedan but u can choose either a magnaflow muffler, borla muffler, or flowmaster muffler (only about $10 difference). What exactly is the difference between these mufflers?? I'm guessing it should be pretty much the same? ANy difference in sound?

Plus it says to add a resonator its $60 (so u can add a magnaflow resonator).

Anyone have experience with trubendz 2.25" with magnaflow muffler and resonator?

(still eyeing the MBRP group buy thread.....and still looking into APEXI WS2 but its hard to find any info on that baby....not even sure they make it for the sedan model?).

Be the change you want to see in this world.
Id go with the borla muffler.

I have the trubendz flex pipe, very nice peice, run it with a 2.5" borla catback.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I've got a Borla also and have to say its a great sounding muffler..

I will be getting a trubendz flex pipe also..
ZX3T gone..
BerinG,Oct 11 2006, 09:52 AM Wrote:I've got a Borla also and have to say its a great sounding muffler..

I will be getting a trubendz flex pipe also..
[right][snapback]211066[/snapback][/right]

cool.....so im guessing http://www.trubendz.com does in fact ship to Canada? I emailed them but they haven't responded to me yet. (unless your ordering trubendz parts from another seller?).

So trubendz is kinda like MBRP eh? (seems like they both designed their own exhaust systems and are independent smaller companies vs bigger names).

You have to call, email, email, then call again, email, call, call again, then maybe they'll take you seriously.

Took a long time for me to get a hold of them, that was 2 years ago. :o
or you think if i just purchase the exhaust kit now they'll respond to me and ship it out?

money talks huh
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b34/post...gAnch=imgAnch23

this is a 2.25 magnaflow cat back and k&n intake i had it made for $301 at exhaust shop in town good deal and good work normaly it would have costed $473. its good to know people lol
cornflakes,Oct 11 2006, 04:57 PM Wrote:or you think if i just purchase the exhaust kit now they'll respond to me and ship it out?

money talks huh
[right][snapback]211166[/snapback][/right]

Maybe, I just like talking to live people beofre dropping money. Especially over the internet.
lo and behold! I got a response from the yesterday! (only 2 days after i emailed them).

They wrote a long email explaining to me the difference between the borla muffler and magnaflow muffler and they also told me the shipping to canada.

Pretty nice.....
postmanbob,Oct 11 2006, 08:13 PM Wrote:http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b34/post...gAnch=imgAnch23

this is a 2.25 magnaflow cat back and k&n intake i had it made for $301 at exhaust shop in town good deal and good work normaly it would have costed $473. its good to know people lol
[right][snapback]211207[/snapback][/right]

sounds nice from the inside....good deal u got there.....i'm probably going to end up spending around $600 cdn total (exhaust kit + s/h + border fees).

:S

cornflakes,Oct 12 2006, 04:14 PM Wrote:
postmanbob,Oct 11 2006, 08:13 PM Wrote:http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b34/post...gAnch=imgAnch23

[right][snapback]211207[/snapback][/right]

sounds nice from the inside....good deal u got there.....i'm probably going to end up spending around $600 cdn total (exhaust kit + s/h + border fees).

:S
[right][snapback]211417[/snapback][/right]

If you're only looking for a 2.25" exhaust you should really look at the MBRP. Very comparable exhaust system and its almost half the price.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

in your experience guys, is it fairly simple for me to install the catback exhaust system (does it require any welding or is it all bolt on?).

Once i cut off the stock exhaust, can i ever weld it back on if i wanted to go back to stock or should i just throw it away or even sell it?

thanks

P.S. does the MBRP come with a muffler or resonator? and if i decide to have a shop install it for me, how much would it cost (per hour or per job?).