Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mach Hids Wiring Issue
I just picked up a set of MACH HIDs the other week and I was following the wiring setup from OFOC and the ford headlight wiring jumper that they list at a cost of $27 is now a whopping $95!! I think Ford must have caught on to what people were doing with this little known part. I say it is a little known part because none of the 3 dealers I called have even heard of this part or knew what it was used for, one even asked me <_<

Anyways my question is does anyone know a work around for this part? I am not sure what the pins on the stock harness look like but I am hoping I can use some bullet or similar connectors instead of this over priced harness and rig something up on my own.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
The part is the harness inside the stock headlights.... so if you feel you don't need them just remove them

Or buy one of the sets NOS/Adam has for sale :D
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
SL8RZZX3,Sep 11 2006, 11:16 PM Wrote:The part is the harness inside the stock headlights.... so if you feel you don't need them just remove them

Or buy one of the sets NOS/Adam has for sale  :D
[right][snapback]206556[/snapback][/right]

I never considered using the stock one.... or even the one from the ebay set I have in the shed :) thanks for the clue!
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
yeah i found that out after i bought my harnesses for like $114each i think :rolleyes:
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
Can't you make your own harness????
kc focus,Sep 17 2006, 09:10 PM Wrote:Can't you make your own harness????
[right][snapback]207457[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, that's what he's talking about. The thing to do when the lights came out was to make an adapter harness to go from stock wiring to the HID plug. The end to plug into the stock wiring is a Ford part, but like he said the price went up like crazy on this part so it's not a very cost-effective solution.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About Mach Hids yeloZX3 3 1,583 04-21-2005, 01:03 AM
Last Post: guilty