Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pain
I've been getting a boatload of dental work done lately, as those who met me know my teeth aren't the greatest. All was going exceptionally well until yesterday when the Doc asks if I want to have a wisdom tooth out at the same time as some other stuff and one other extraction was done.

I was like, "Sure! I'm here already and completely frozen. Why not!"

Whoops. Yay for T3s with Codeine.

That is all.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
been there, done that, did not want to buy the t-shirt! :)

It'll hurt now but you'll have a cute little smile when it's al said and done :P
~~2000 Midnight Blue 5-speed ZX3~~

~*~Evo 3 Body Kit~*~17'' BSA Gunmetal Black rims~*~Cold Air Intake~*~Angel Eye Projector Headlights~*~7'' Yellow Fog Lights~*~Tinted Altezza Tails~*~PINK Underglow~*~

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond to it.
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 31 2006, 11:19 AM Wrote:I've been getting a boatload of dental work done lately, as those who met me know my teeth aren't the greatest. All was going exceptionally well until yesterday when the Doc asks if I want to have a wisdom tooth out at the same time as some other stuff and one other extraction was done.

I was like, "Sure! I'm here already and completely frozen. Why not!"

Whoops. Yay for T3s with Codeine.

That is all.
[right][snapback]204927[/snapback][/right]

Take it from someone who chose not to have his wisdom teeth taken out ... you should be glad the doc suggested it ... because wisdom teeth in a mouth not big enough for them = big problems throughout your adult life. Short term pain for long term gain is the way to go.

Just don't begin to like that Codeine too much.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I oughta be ok as far as that stuff goes, but thanks for the reminder :)

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Hey nos, if you dont mind me asking how much was it for the wisdom tooth extraction?
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Aug 31 2006, 11:51 AM Wrote:Hey nos,  if you dont mind me asking how much was it for the wisdom tooth extraction?
[right][snapback]204935[/snapback][/right]

I didn't see the price sheet, Scooba. I'll have to wait till the confirmation letter from our insurance company shows.

We're cross-covered between my wife and I so I don't pay anything at the office.

NOS2Go4Me,Aug 31 2006, 11:53 AM Wrote:
scoobasteve,Aug 31 2006, 11:51 AM Wrote:Hey nos,  if you dont mind me asking how much was it for the wisdom tooth extraction?
[right][snapback]204935[/snapback][/right]

I didn't see the price sheet, Scooba. I'll have to wait till the confirmation letter from our insurance company shows.

We're cross-covered between my wife and I so I don't pay anything at the office.
[right][snapback]204936[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, i think i'm covered somewhere between 80-100% i just want an idea before i pull the trigger...

So out of 1-10 whats the pain rating?
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
congrats man... can't beat a fresh smile. Hope it all works out for ya.

I haven't been in a while... afraid to go :S
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I've had a 10 before (10 being worst) with a different tooth, and that's just the toothache because that tooth is still there and requires a root canal... this rates a 6-7 for two teeth pulled when the painkillers wear off. I still have at least one more to consider for extraction fairly soon. The rest can wait.

My dentist ripped 2 bottom, and 2 top teeth out when I was younger. Really confuses the dentist as to why Im missing teeth.....but it worked out good cuz my wisdom teeth grew in and straightened out all my other teeth!
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Aug 31 2006, 12:07 PM Wrote:My dentist ripped 2 bottom, and 2 top teeth out when I was younger.  Really confuses the dentist as to why Im missing teeth.....but it worked out good cuz my wisdom teeth grew in and straightened out all my other teeth!
[right][snapback]204940[/snapback][/right]
I've seen your mug. It didn't work out that well. :blink:
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Aug 31 2006, 12:23 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Aug 31 2006, 12:07 PM Wrote:My dentist ripped 2 bottom, and 2 top teeth out when I was younger.  Really confuses the dentist as to why Im missing teeth.....but it worked out good cuz my wisdom teeth grew in and straightened out all my other teeth!
[right][snapback]204940[/snapback][/right]
I've seen your mug. It didn't work out that well. :blink:
[right][snapback]204944[/snapback][/right]

Dentist dont touch the mug ya goof!

My teeth are straight as an arrow now :D
Dentists are crooks.
I was told a year ago I needed my wisdom teeth out and I never bothered to do it. Now I have them and they came in just fine. I never needed them out they just wanted the cash.
2000 ZX3
This guy is straight-up the best dentist I've ever met, had, used, whatever.

I had a good twinge of pain yesterday on the non-wisdom extraction. he immediately stopped and added more freezing, waited, then continued. He then apologized profusely about the pain, even tho what he gave me was my usual amount for that type of work.

By that time, I never felt anything when he pulled the wisdom tooth afterwards. The guy has completely restored my faith in dentists.

Mason,Aug 31 2006, 12:57 PM Wrote:Dentists are crooks.
I was told a year ago I needed my wisdom teeth out and I never bothered to do it. Now I have them and they came in just fine. I never needed them out they just wanted the cash.
[right][snapback]204962[/snapback][/right]

uhh, you may want ot rethink that. Talk to ZTW squared from the sounds of it...

Just because there fine now, doesnt mean they wont cause pain when your older.
i'm such a wuss for pain, so happy i don't have wisdom teeth.
'03 Focus SVT
I had my wisdom teeth out a few years ago. Mine came out real nice, no pain, no swelling. Went and played a double header baseball game the next morning.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads