FocusCanada Forums
Interior Work - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Appearance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Interior Work (/showthread.php?tid=10291)

Interior Work - Festive_Zombie - 04-03-2006

Here are a couple shots of the mods I have done to the interior. I used Alcantara fabric. I love that fabric, next step redo the seats.

[Image: new-int011.jpg]
[Image: new-int01.jpg]
[Image: interior3.jpg]

Interior Work - habmann - 04-03-2006

I like the door inserts. I did the same thing to my car, looks soo much better than stock. Not crazy about the steering wheel, little too much blue on it for my tastes. How much of a difference is it with the fabric over the leather, driving wise?

Interior Work - 01-yellow-ZX3 - 04-03-2006

habmann,Apr 2 2006, 09:01 PM Wrote:I like the door inserts. I did the same thing to my car, looks soo much better than stock. Not crazy about the steering wheel, little too much blue on it for my tastes. How much of a difference is it with the fabric over the leather, driving wise?
[right][snapback]178700[/snapback][/right]

Ditto, ya got a couple wrinkles in the front door though! :P

Interior Work - FocusGuy7476 - 04-03-2006

great job, beside the couple of wrinkles it looks very well done.

Interior Work - Festive_Zombie - 04-03-2006

FocusGuy7476,Apr 2 2006, 09:21 PM Wrote:great job, beside the couple of wrinkles it looks very well done.
[right][snapback]178707[/snapback][/right]

Wrinkles will be gone as soon as I get a hold of the shop steamer....

The grip on the steering is a whole lot better then with leather.

I wanted it to look as much as the RS but I didn't like the half blue steering on it.. So I went all blue. Doesn't look that blue in the car... The flash doesn't do it justice.

Interior Work - euro_zx5 - 04-03-2006

Turned out awesome! How did you even stitch the fabric to the steeting wheel?

Interior Work - 2004ZX3 - 04-04-2006

Looks good. I especially like the door inserts.

Interior Work - Phantom - 04-04-2006

Yes it's looking very nice.

Interior Work - Festive_Zombie - 04-04-2006

Thanks guys!

I use to do car upholstery before I joined the military (not in the military any more) a long time a ago. The are relatively easy to install, just time consuming.... That material can stretch quit a bit, so you have to glue it first. You do a stich with a sewing machine on both sides of the material and then you wrap the fabric around and you cross stich side to side bringing the 2 sides together...

Interior Work - Frost__2001 - 04-05-2006

love seeing the different colour on the door trim, how did you put them back in just use glue ?

Interior Work - darkpuppet - 04-05-2006

it looks good.. though I prefer the RS half blue wheel.. probably because it looks like the logitech driving force wheels.

but still.. the door inserts.. veerrrrry nice.

Interior Work - habmann - 04-06-2006

Frost__2001,Apr 5 2006, 12:20 AM Wrote:how did you put them back in just use glue ?
[right][snapback]179128[/snapback][/right]

The inserts are really easy to do. Just cut the material you're using a lil bit bigger than than the size you need and use a credit card/butter knife, and thing with a flat edge to tuck the material into the gap around the edges. No glue required.

Interior Work - Festive_Zombie - 04-06-2006

I remove both front and rear panels... Refoamed and re-uphostered them, then used 3M super 70 spray on glue to re-attach the panels, works like a charm.

And the reason I didn't go half blue was because I wanted it to look more like a true racing steering wheel. Without losing the air bag....

Interior Work - scoobasteve - 04-06-2006

so when are the RS seats coming????

or maybe a set of the SVT recaros... those would be mega sic!

Interior Work - Festive_Zombie - 04-06-2006

scoobasteve,Apr 5 2006, 01:24 PM Wrote:so when are the RS seats coming????

or maybe a set of the SVT recaros... those would be mega sic!
[right][snapback]179231[/snapback][/right]

Building a set of custom to fit my ass..... HA!

Probably start on those soon... Just got to order the foam and fabric.

Interior Work - ZX3_2NV - 04-06-2006

can't wait to see the seats i wanna do something like that to my door inserts aswell