Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interior Work
Here are a couple shots of the mods I have done to the interior. I used Alcantara fabric. I love that fabric, next step redo the seats.

[Image: new-int011.jpg]
[Image: new-int01.jpg]
[Image: interior3.jpg]
Alex
I like the door inserts. I did the same thing to my car, looks soo much better than stock. Not crazy about the steering wheel, little too much blue on it for my tastes. How much of a difference is it with the fabric over the leather, driving wise?
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

habmann,Apr 2 2006, 09:01 PM Wrote:I like the door inserts. I did the same thing to my car, looks soo much better than stock. Not crazy about the steering wheel, little too much blue on it for my tastes. How much of a difference is it with the fabric over the leather, driving wise?
[right][snapback]178700[/snapback][/right]

Ditto, ya got a couple wrinkles in the front door though! :P
great job, beside the couple of wrinkles it looks very well done.
'03 Focus SVT
FocusGuy7476,Apr 2 2006, 09:21 PM Wrote:great job, beside the couple of wrinkles it looks very well done.
[right][snapback]178707[/snapback][/right]

Wrinkles will be gone as soon as I get a hold of the shop steamer....

The grip on the steering is a whole lot better then with leather.

I wanted it to look as much as the RS but I didn't like the half blue steering on it.. So I went all blue. Doesn't look that blue in the car... The flash doesn't do it justice.
Alex
Turned out awesome! How did you even stitch the fabric to the steeting wheel?
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
Looks good. I especially like the door inserts.
Favorite Links:

Collegemates.ca
FocusCanada.net
Focaljet.com
FocusFanatics.com

"Getting older is mandatory, growing up is optional."
Yes it's looking very nice.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Thanks guys!

I use to do car upholstery before I joined the military (not in the military any more) a long time a ago. The are relatively easy to install, just time consuming.... That material can stretch quit a bit, so you have to glue it first. You do a stich with a sewing machine on both sides of the material and then you wrap the fabric around and you cross stich side to side bringing the 2 sides together...
Alex
love seeing the different colour on the door trim, how did you put them back in just use glue ?
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
it looks good.. though I prefer the RS half blue wheel.. probably because it looks like the logitech driving force wheels.

but still.. the door inserts.. veerrrrry nice.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Frost__2001,Apr 5 2006, 12:20 AM Wrote:how did you put them back in just use glue ?
[right][snapback]179128[/snapback][/right]

The inserts are really easy to do. Just cut the material you're using a lil bit bigger than than the size you need and use a credit card/butter knife, and thing with a flat edge to tuck the material into the gap around the edges. No glue required.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

I remove both front and rear panels... Refoamed and re-uphostered them, then used 3M super 70 spray on glue to re-attach the panels, works like a charm.

And the reason I didn't go half blue was because I wanted it to look more like a true racing steering wheel. Without losing the air bag....
Alex
so when are the RS seats coming????

or maybe a set of the SVT recaros... those would be mega sic!
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Apr 5 2006, 01:24 PM Wrote:so when are the RS seats coming????

or maybe a set of the SVT recaros... those would be mega sic!
[right][snapback]179231[/snapback][/right]

Building a set of custom to fit my ass..... HA!

Probably start on those soon... Just got to order the foam and fabric.
Alex
can't wait to see the seats i wanna do something like that to my door inserts aswell
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]