FocusCanada Forums
help with suspension - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: help with suspension (/showthread.php?tid=19315)

help with suspension - rnzo86 - 07-21-2011

hey guys I'm juts debating which is should go for Eibach or H & R Springs?
for the Eibach im thinking of PRO-STREET COIL-OVER KIT (HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE ONLY) and for H & R Im looking at Street Perf. Coil Over but im not sure if it's adjustable

RE: help with suspension - castone - 07-21-2011

I'd go for the H&R, I had a set of Eibach shocks/struts and I only got around 6000kms out of them, and it seems to be the common story with there shocks.

RE: help with suspension - 1seensvt - 07-21-2011

koni with ground controls all the way

RE: help with suspension - Oscar The Grouch - 07-21-2011

Don't buy Eibach for their shocks. Eibach makes good springs and that's it. Go with Tokico's or KYB's for shocks. But if you're looking for height adjustability, I'd suggest H&R.

RE: help with suspension - ZTWsquared - 07-21-2011

(07-21-2011, 10:26 PM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote: Don't buy Eibach for their shocks. Eibach makes good springs and that's it. Go with Tokico's or KYB's for shocks. But if you're looking for height adjustability, I'd suggest H&R.

Jamie knows a thing or two about coil-overs - perhaps he will chime in with some of the research he'd done lately.

RE: help with suspension - GFXjamie - 07-22-2011

eibach coil overs are not made by eibach, they are a rebadged koni coilover set up and are actually pretty decent.

however if you want cheap coil overs, you cant beat the quality of the racelands. i have done a few installs for friends with racelands and for the money you cant beat them for low. they handle decent, better then most spring/shock combos and obviously you have the height adjustment and they will go the lowest out of all the coilovers.

Also, with regards to H&R, they are a good coilover, however for the money they are expensive. the best coils out there are bilstein pss9's for handling. if your going for handling grab a set of those and go to town.

RE: help with suspension - rnzo86 - 07-22-2011

thanks guys, I checked out this place at Markham just the price for H&R coil-overs it's going be $1300

RE: help with suspension - Chromey - 07-23-2011

I havent touched the subject in awhile But has FK stopped making Set-ups for us? My setup has 60XXX and is still in great shape.

Kev had a set aswell, Im sure he liked them too.

RE: help with suspension - rnzo86 - 07-23-2011

anyone know where I can get a good deal on coil overs??

RE: help with suspension - ZTWsquared - 07-23-2011

(07-23-2011, 02:54 PM)rnzo86 Wrote: anyone know where I can get a good deal on coil overs??

That's kind of like asking how long is a piece of string. The answer depends on which brand you want as there is such a wide difference in price.

Jamie got what I think was a pretty good deal on his racelands, but they may not be for everybody.

Start with ebay and go from there.

If you can land on a brand or two, I can do some research with my suppliers about what I might be able to do and it may even be worth a group buy.

FWIW I can get wholesale pricing on KYB, Eibach, Ground Control, K Sport, Koni, and KW ... but the discounts range from excellent to so-so.

RE: help with suspension - GFXjamie - 07-24-2011

if your looking for a budget set up, PM me and i will give you the info to contact the guy in the belgium with the racelands.

If your looking cheaper coils like ksport, you will spend around 800$ on average depending on shipping costs and they will handle good and have pillow top front mounts but you will get noise and clunks from them. you can also do with D2 coils off ebay and same story as they are just rebadged.