Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help with suspension
hey guys I'm juts debating which is should go for Eibach or H & R Springs?
for the Eibach im thinking of PRO-STREET COIL-OVER KIT (HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE ONLY) and for H & R Im looking at Street Perf. Coil Over but im not sure if it's adjustable
I'd go for the H&R, I had a set of Eibach shocks/struts and I only got around 6000kms out of them, and it seems to be the common story with there shocks.
koni with ground controls all the way
Don't buy Eibach for their shocks. Eibach makes good springs and that's it. Go with Tokico's or KYB's for shocks. But if you're looking for height adjustability, I'd suggest H&R.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
(07-21-2011, 10:26 PM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote: Don't buy Eibach for their shocks. Eibach makes good springs and that's it. Go with Tokico's or KYB's for shocks. But if you're looking for height adjustability, I'd suggest H&R.

Jamie knows a thing or two about coil-overs - perhaps he will chime in with some of the research he'd done lately.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
eibach coil overs are not made by eibach, they are a rebadged koni coilover set up and are actually pretty decent.

however if you want cheap coil overs, you cant beat the quality of the racelands. i have done a few installs for friends with racelands and for the money you cant beat them for low. they handle decent, better then most spring/shock combos and obviously you have the height adjustment and they will go the lowest out of all the coilovers.

Also, with regards to H&R, they are a good coilover, however for the money they are expensive. the best coils out there are bilstein pss9's for handling. if your going for handling grab a set of those and go to town.
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
thanks guys, I checked out this place at Markham just the price for H&R coil-overs it's going be $1300
I havent touched the subject in awhile But has FK stopped making Set-ups for us? My setup has 60XXX and is still in great shape.

Kev had a set aswell, Im sure he liked them too.
anyone know where I can get a good deal on coil overs??
(07-23-2011, 02:54 PM)rnzo86 Wrote: anyone know where I can get a good deal on coil overs??

That's kind of like asking how long is a piece of string. The answer depends on which brand you want as there is such a wide difference in price.

Jamie got what I think was a pretty good deal on his racelands, but they may not be for everybody.

Start with ebay and go from there.

If you can land on a brand or two, I can do some research with my suppliers about what I might be able to do and it may even be worth a group buy.

FWIW I can get wholesale pricing on KYB, Eibach, Ground Control, K Sport, Koni, and KW ... but the discounts range from excellent to so-so.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
if your looking for a budget set up, PM me and i will give you the info to contact the guy in the belgium with the racelands.

If your looking cheaper coils like ksport, you will spend around 800$ on average depending on shipping costs and they will handle good and have pillow top front mounts but you will get noise and clunks from them. you can also do with D2 coils off ebay and same story as they are just rebadged.

2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily