FocusCanada Forums
Battery Light - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Battery Light (/showthread.php?tid=6205)

Battery Light - redZX3 - 03-28-2007

K, today my battery light came on......I checked the battery, altenator, starter, everything was good. I also checked for bad wires and fuses....again, evrthing is goo.....anybody got any ideas??

Battery Light - SmokeBCBuDZ - 03-28-2007

redZX3,Mar 28 2007, 12:51 AM Wrote:K, today my battery light came on......I checked the battery, altenator, starter, everything was good. I also checked for bad wires and fuses....again, evrthing is goo.....anybody got any ideas??
[right][snapback]232215[/snapback][/right]

When u say checked... did u actually load test the battery? or test your charging system?

Battery Light - oldeguy - 03-28-2007

Best case: You have a loose connection. Tighten everything up, especially the battery
Worst Case: A new Alternator is needed.

Battery Light - habmann - 03-28-2007

Ya i had this happen to me, turned out to be a loose terminal connection on the battery.

Battery Light - redZX3 - 03-28-2007

I load tested the battery, which is brand new it was okay. I am going to clean the battery posts and make sure that isnt the problem.....even though they did look pretty good tonight when I took them off

Battery Light - Mason - 03-28-2007

redZX3,Mar 27 2007, 11:50 PM Wrote:I load tested the battery, which is brand new it was okay. I am going to clean the battery posts and make sure that isnt the problem.....even though they did look pretty good tonight when I took them off
[right][snapback]232242[/snapback][/right]

Have the alternator tested. Aswell make sure the ground for your battery has a clean contact.

And you dont need the alternator pulled out to do it. Have a midtronics test run on it. My work does it for free if you consider it.