Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Front Bumper Progress...
As many of you may remember, I had a towtruck tear up my front bumper two years ago, which I left for a year, then I ran my car into the front of the Wal-Mart I worked at :( The result?

[Image: picture.JPG]

I decided to set to work repairing it and changing the only part about it I disliked, the friggen plate recess and the moldings that lead to the signal lights.

I used a flexible compound specifically made to fix urethane (you can get it at marine supply stores or some Canadian Tire stores) I reinforced the rear with some glass as well to ensire it wouldn't crack again.

Primered up, you can see the uneven spots, but I decided I would not be doing anymore until after I saw how it held up to -40C and winter crap. Winters tossed 20K at the car this year, I have to make a trip to and from edmonton bi-weekly and it's the only highway competent vehicle I own (the Ranger is not a good highway contraption) Here's how it held up.

Aside from an issue I'm having with the primer not sticking in places to the pinhole filler, it's holding up really well. I think with a final round of prep and the appropriate lip spoiler, it should be ready to be reassembled. All I need is a new lower grille. This one was damaged while sitting in my buddy's garage :rolleyes: He also almost junked my foglights when he forgot what they were from...

Anyways this is the eventual goal, I've posted it before. I've got the fenderwork all ready to go, the bumper is easy to finish, then I'll repaint it all.

Luke.

2002 Malibu Blue ZX5 "Malibloo" RIP 2006 Sad
2003 Liquid Grey ZX3 "Tarmac" Eurofried Rice

Tarmac.
That looks great. Can't wait to see it when it is finished.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Nice work. Best do it yourself bumper ever!
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
sweet job man...Going to look nice..
Turbo arrived!
Looks sweet man. Thats exactly what I wanted to do to with covering the lines in the stock bumper. Good job dood!!
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Looking good! B)
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
good work getting rid of those stupid turn signal recesses, those were my most hated part of the car, front and back!
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....
I don't like it because it doesn't match the lines of the car anymore, but hey -- it ain't my car. You seemed to have put good work into it though. Good job.
You dont like much heh?
Well i hope to see you pull it off because that will look insane once it's done!!!

Keep us updated!
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
Flofocus,Mar 1 2006, 08:37 PM Wrote:You dont like much heh?
[right][snapback]172880[/snapback][/right]

:lol: Not my first choice. I'd opt for an SVT front bumper on that particular car.

what were you saying about not being like everybody else?

:P
what flares are you using for the fenders? the ones from F2?

or do you want some from wings west? i know someone whos selling them ;)
Below Average Car Club
Flofocus,Mar 1 2006, 03:37 PM Wrote:You dont like much heh?

Flo you are a tool!

microbunny,Mar 1 2006, 07:24 PM Wrote:

Flo you are a tool!
[right][snapback]172909[/snapback][/right]

and a thread attacking whore.

Ban his ass
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
schade,Mar 2 2006, 12:12 AM Wrote:what flares are you using for the fenders? the ones from F2?

or do you want some from wings west? i know someone whos selling them ;)
[right][snapback]172905[/snapback][/right]

Actually, I'm going to be doing some major sheetmetal reshaping in the rear, including the rear door sheetmetal. I may opt to buy the RS front fenders but for materials and everything, sheetmetal work won't cost me alot, just repainting. I'm going to be replacing the rear tires with 235 width tires up from 225. The wheels I have currently stick out past my fenders a bit due to offset. Rubbing isn't all that bad unless I'm loaded, but I am also planning on around a 2" drop front and rear which is why I want the fenderwork.

I'll be doing similar work to the bumper on whatever lip kit I decide on since they will have to be altered to match the fenders. I'll have to decide :)

Now if the whole widebody thing doesn't work out I'll just go euro.
Luke.

2002 Malibu Blue ZX5 "Malibloo" RIP 2006 Sad
2003 Liquid Grey ZX3 "Tarmac" Eurofried Rice

Tarmac.
microbunny,Mar 1 2006, 08:24 PM Wrote:

Flo you are a tool!
[right][snapback]172909[/snapback][/right]

what happened to "Your the best mod evar?" ;) I thought we were pals Micro!!

:lol:
Looks great Honkeytonk. They should have never put those stupid ribbed lines in the bumper to start with. Are you going to do the rear too, or go with a euro rear? It's surprising how much cleaner the car can look without those stupid lines. Those flares look like a lot of work but should be really nice when finished.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Front bumper adamzx5 9 4,029 12-31-2012, 02:36 PM
Last Post: adamzx5
  Rs Front Bumper CivicEater 17 5,849 05-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Last Post: FocusGuy7476
  Front Bumper Got Hit... Drivesthebeast 22 9,289 03-08-2006, 08:28 AM
Last Post: nass
  Svt Front Bumper ThraxXx 11 3,552 02-22-2006, 02:18 AM
Last Post: Flofocus
  Oh Man This Front Bumper Is Hot...... SL8RZZX3 12 4,545 11-30-2005, 02:00 PM
Last Post: CheckMyVitals