Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neat Linked-file Bug, Possibly
Hey Steve, can you duplicate this and let me know if it does it for you?

Host a simple PDF file... and then deep-link to it directly.

Can you download it via the link shown in the message post? I tried it earlier with 2 PDFs from home and it didn't work. Then, I put them both into one RAR file and presto... downloading works. It all stayed within the same source directory, etc.

I was getting 404s saying file not found, but the capitalization and formatting was right (all lowercase, single filename, no spaces, .pdf extension).

Thanks man!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Oh, and the iono smiley - you can't see his arms hardly - :iono:

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
There's no reason for one set of links to work, and another to not work..

HTTP links are all the same ...

let's try a TTC map

yup, that works.. check your server settings.. or DNS if domain not found...

most likely a soft user interface error... just remove the faulty device inputing to the keyboard!
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

It very well could have been a PEBKAC error (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair).

I'll check it again at lunch.

Testing - http://teamx.webhop.org/focusfiles/FocusedPC.pdf

OK, that works. Same directory as the ones that failed. WTF?

Wait, I figured it out. When I RARed the files on my PC, I had "show extensions for known file types" enabled. When I RARed it, it preserved the extensions. When I copied them over flat to the webserver, Win2K (with show extensions off) tacked on another ".pdf" to the filename.

Essentially, it was filename.pdf.pdf

Whoops. Not really my fault, but I should have noticed it. Nothing to see here, move along :ph34r: