Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spi To Zetec Conversion
You got the woman.... what do you neet a MaDd TytE Ryde for?
That's the thing, she loves MaDd TyTe PhAsT rides. She loves that the Focus doesn't look like ass when she's riding around in it.

Funny story - we were standing in line at Sobey's last night, and I grabbed a copy of the Classic / Hi-Po Car Trader. She says "we don't need an old car right now". :rolleyes:

I thumb to a nice, well-maintained 1982 Stingray Vette for under $10Gs. She then says "We might make use of a faster older car..."

:lol:

I'm such an indecisive bastard - I mentioned "boost", "transmission upgrade" and "tire smoke" in the same sentence and her eyes glazed over and she had this Quagmire-ish smile.

Now I need to either find the cash to add power, or find another car. Whatever's cheaper :D
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
sell it and buy something fast or buy a focus zetec with a manual transmission......

There is nothing you can do and the cost even with an engine is way to much.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
Engine swap and such is much more costly then just trading in your car for a zetec powered 5 speed. You don't have much in yoru car that you can't take out and put in a zetec focus. Stereo comes out easy and as long as you have the factory deck then your set.

I might be aquiring a focus SE with a zetec and 5speed from a local inpound (love having friends who own towing/impound companies. The car was rear ended however my buddy says it can be fixed. If the car doesn't go in the auction he is gonna give it to me for the cost of scrap metal ($120). IF I get the car I am gonna have the rear end fixed and look into boosting the car either turbo or supercharger. Probably end up selling my current sedan to some numbnutted kid who digs the spinners.
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 2 2005, 11:34 AM Wrote:Alright, screw the UDP and cam... enough is enough.

Over the winter, cash and time willing, the SPI will be converted to a Zetec. I might have a line on an engine (thanks Flo). I figure I might need a new ECU or reflash the one I have.

I know we have some Ford techs on here and other very knowledgeable guys. What else is required to make this happen?

I was thinking of getting my dealer to swap this in, but if it's not overly involved I might see if Oscar's Dad will let me use his engine hoist.

The ATX is the same tranny for both engines, so I shouldn't have a problem dropping it on, right?
[right][snapback]127087[/snapback][/right]

Take my Zetec and give me your SPI... you pay for labour if you want to swap it.
How many kms can you get for a tank of gas?
2006 Corolla - 1.8 DOHC 16V VVTi
2000 Focus SE Sport - 2.0 DOHC 16V Zetec - SOLD
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jaspher
http://ca.geocities.com/tdsports@rogers.com/home.htm
[Image: sig.jpg]
Waste of money, waste of time..

you want the dealership to do the work? LOL!!! That's nuts.

It ain't a honda where you can swap the motor, add 2-3 wires and go in a weekend.

If you want a zetec, trade the car, and for heaven's sake, get a 5 speed.

If you want to stay automatic, get a real car that has power. any 4 cyl automatic will suck balls, and is no where near a "performance" anything.

i can see a nice 6 speed auto 500hp car being fun!

The difference between the GF's automatic Prelude (200hp) and the GTP..night and day, the GTP is SO much better then the Prelude. I could just imagine a auto SPI :o