Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking About Exhaust Tip For Muffler
I have that ford oem exhaust tip for sale. First come first serve.
Run your car, not your mouth
Mea, I liked the big one I got lol
2000 ZX3
wpgzx5,Jun 18 2005, 11:20 AM Wrote:The Ford OEM exhaust tip is over $70.00 plus tax!!!! WOW!!!
That's truly a Ford Stealership.
Cheers. :unsure:
[right][snapback]115240[/snapback][/right]

$70 + tax and you have to install it yourself? Screw that crap... Hell there's a Crappy Tire near the BBQ on the 25th, I'll buy the tip there and give whoever installs it for me a 12 pack of their choosing from the beer store, it'd still be cheaper <_<

Yeah I know all about the Ford Stealerships, the saga with my radio upgrade being proof of the crap

NefCanuck

WOAH!!!!

PM microbunny and ask which one he bought. It was super chaep and looks wicked. I saw it today.

Great fit!
ANTHONYD,Jun 18 2005, 09:39 PM Wrote:WOAH!!!!

PM microbunny and ask which one he bought. It was super chaep and looks wicked. I saw it today.

Great fit!
[right][snapback]115315[/snapback][/right]

I got mine from a shop here in Guelph! It's a 6 and 3/4" long, 3" diameter, chrome tip with a round lip and is resonated. It was $21.00 from Vibrant Performance. I cut the stock tailpipe off and spot welded the tip onto the stock stock muffler...hella easy! Any Midas or muffler shop can weld a tip for you...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/microbunny/01.jpg
Ats it man. Just cut the pipe like 2 - 3 inches and either clamp or spotweld it on.
Thats what I did with mine and Ive never had a problem.
2000 ZX3
Well I was at ford dealer this morning. Dropped off my parents freestar for some TLC. Anyways asked the parts guy at the counter the price of the chrome exhaust tip he told me 30$
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Phantom,Jun 20 2005, 12:50 PM Wrote:Well I was at ford dealer this morning. Dropped off my parents freestar for some TLC. Anyways asked the parts guy at the counter the price of the chrome exhaust tip he told me 30$
[right][snapback]115678[/snapback][/right]

$30? :blink: That's less than half of what another poster said Ford wanted for it.

Looks like I have to slip by the Ford dealership on the way to work tommorow and see what the poop actually is for myself :huh: 'cause $30 I can hack (and I'll just bribe, er, I mean, persuade someone with a case of beer or something to install it for me :P )

NefCanuck
[
linoleum,Jun 17 2005, 08:00 PM Wrote:$7 at Crappy Tire. Wam bam thank you Mam!
[Image: night_shaded.jpg]
[right][snapback]115137[/snapback][/right]

i weld the same 7$ crappy tire exhaust tip on my MBRP, is sound a bit deeper and less louder

[Image: 264365_484_full.jpg]
2001 Focus SE Sport, Automatic
[Image: 24070_7026.jpg]
http://www.cardomain.com/id/focusgold
I think I'm going to do this as well.

I just need to find the right kind. :(
I got a 2.5" Vibrant tip form CT for the Justy.

Looks better than what you all posted. :P ....No pics of it tho...ha

[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
The MBRP tip is pimp... why the heck would you butcher the system? It's not even that loud to begin with!

Anyways, just my thoughts. I had a Vibrant 2.5" SS tip that bolted on with 2 or 3 allen-screws but it welded itself to the stock pipe and we were unable to retrieve it when we bought the MBRP systems :D $20 bucks or so plus tax at Crappy. You'll need to cut a couple of inches off the stock pipe... I kinda forgot to do that and got too lazy to do it afterwards :rolleyes:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 21 2005, 05:42 PM Wrote:The MBRP tip is pimp... why the heck would you butcher the system? It's not even that loud to begin with!

Anyways, just my thoughts. I had a Vibrant 2.5" SS tip that bolted on with 2 or 3 allen-screws but it welded itself to the stock pipe and we were unable to retrieve it when we bought the MBRP systems :D $20 bucks or so plus tax at Crappy. You'll need to cut a couple of inches off the stock pipe... I kinda forgot to do that and got too lazy to do it afterwards :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]115991[/snapback][/right]

i have the 1st gen MBRP catback, the tip is so ugly and started to rust, it a very old pics

[Image: 264365_216_full.jpg]
2001 Focus SE Sport, Automatic
[Image: 24070_7026.jpg]
http://www.cardomain.com/id/focusgold