Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Bracket Sketch
I'm thinking of alternatives to my first design. Tell me what you guys think. I'm going to use two L brackets; one to bolt to the floor and one to bolt to the one in the floor. Then I'm going to mount the seat sliders that came with the seats to the second L bracket, then mount the seat to the sliders.

[Image: SEATBRACKETSKETCH.jpg]

d00d you kill me. I figured this was done already... :P

Good luck. This design should work too. The support bracket is just gonna have a couple welds on it holding it in place right?
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
I think we need an engineering degree to view this thread. I would just pay someone to install the dam seats and be done with it.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
looks good
question: High end CAD program or low end MS paint equivalent??
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
Looks like a Lap top drawing program from Etcha-sketch! :blink: :D
"Focus On The Road!"
I Love My Liquid Grey 2007 Focus ZX3 SE

Next: tint, front & rear bumpers...
If you can make a true design with a program like solidworks including all measurements, the machine shop at humber on the first floor of the NX building can make it for you. You can even make a 3-d cad file and they could make you something on CNC.

2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
ZX5focused,Feb 10 2005, 01:20 AM Wrote:looks good
question: High end CAD program or low end MS paint equivalent??
[right][snapback]84905[/snapback][/right]

MS Paint Buddy!!!

Basicaly I was just looking for safety concerns. I was going to bolt the stock seatbelt into the angle iron and retain all the stafety things.
Keep in mind the floor isn't level in the Focus so you have to take that into account. I would just buy a Corbeau or Sparco seat base or contact these guys, they apparently make a custom one for the Focus http://www.speedwaremotorsports.com