Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Underdrive Pulley Kit?
There is a lot of them, so what is better ?

AEM
FORD RACING
FOCUSSPORT
FOCUS CENTRAL

If you have anyway information... :D
If it doesn't include a crank pulley its garbage

ie: AEM
Run your car, not your mouth
Focus Central 2 piece (even 3 piece if you can find one) is generally accepted as the standard, however people have reported the Ford Racing/Esslinger pulley to be good as well. Personally, I have the FC set waiting for a nice warm day in April to go in.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
before focus central came out their 2piece/3piece pulley kit... the best udp (crank pulley) was said to be the AF/X one.. (most HP gain)

but now i assume is the focus central setup (correct me if i'm wrong)
2001 Yellow Focus ZX3
Focus Central..

yeloZX3,Jan 24 2005, 02:43 AM Wrote:before focus central came out their 2piece/3piece pulley kit... the best udp (crank pulley) was said to be the AF/X one.. (most HP gain)

[right][snapback]80430[/snapback][/right]

Very very much agreed. I've also heard of people having problems with the FC 2 piece with their A/C in summer, overheating the car.
I had the AFX on for 8 months now without any charging or cooling issues. I had a bunch of mods done all at once so can't say how much the UDP alone contributed but it is much better than before.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Jan 24 2005, 11:09 AM Wrote:I had the AFX on for 8 months now without any charging or cooling issues. I had a bunch of mods done all at once so can't say how much the UDP alone contributed but it is much better than before.
[right][snapback]80468[/snapback][/right]

I have the AFx. Great little mod.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Overheating the car : the engine is too hot or the A/C is throwing hot air inside ???
(usually I speak french :D)

If I don't have A/C, it won't change anything for me ...
zx3demon,Jan 24 2005, 03:52 PM Wrote:Overheating the car : the engine is too hot or the A/C is throwing hot air inside ???
(usually I speak french :D)

If I don't have A/C, it won't change anything for me ...
[right][snapback]80481[/snapback][/right]

Its an underdrive pulley, it makes the water pump, alternator and a/c compressor turn less than normal.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
I have the FC one for 2-3yrs now, still having the same battery. I will say just get whatever brand you like, they're almost the same.
2000 ZX3: KW coil-over/IceMan/FC UPD/Megaflow cat-back /energy bushing all over/Ported TB/home make ground wires

260000km and counting.....
  • AFX here!<>
    [st]
    Peace...
[Image: Copy2ofKarlitosig.jpg]
I have a 2 peice Focus Central and I am actually taking them off and putting the stock ones back on. There was a big diff.

I never use my A/C anyway though. Even on +40 days. I miss heat :(. The fealing of touching a super hot shift knob. So hot in the car your back sticks to the seat. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH come back summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have the Focus Central 2 pcs and found no problem with it during the summer. :)
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
yeloZX3,Jan 24 2005, 02:43 AM Wrote:before focus central came out their 2piece/3piece pulley kit... the best udp (crank pulley) was said to be the AF/X one.. (most HP gain)

[right][snapback]80430[/snapback][/right]

I'm also a pre FC guy with a AFX setup.
Ford Racing.
Run your car, not your mouth

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Underdrive Pulley Kelowna_Focus 17 3,492 01-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Burnin21