Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ordering XCAL 3, anything I should know?
(04-10-2013, 08:36 AM)Krusty Driver Wrote: 2 kids to put through University and a wife to keep happy, $500 makes a difference.

Have to agree, I was on the fence about switching to 91 but with the cost of the XCAL, tune and the extra cost in gas I don't think it's worth it with the amount of miles I'm going to be putting on my car in the next 4 years. ( I'm a Hydro apprentice and will be traveling all over the province, my girlfriend lives in Barrie, my parents in Trenton and family in Montreal so a lot of miles) I'm all about MPG.
2003 ZX5
"I feel like a silver bullet"
SVT wheels
SVT suspension
AEM intake
With a hint of dip

[Image: 158491.png]
When I use lower end gas i get less KM per tank.
When I use top grade at stations i get better mileage per tank.
When I use Shell Vpower (No Ethanol) I get 100+KM in both the Fofo and EcoBoost F150

For that little extra 16 cents, I save a good couple of dollars. I can kill 2-3 tanks of gas a week with all the running around I do.

My father has a 5.7 IForce Tundra. Same 100liter tank and he gets maybe 400km per tank on the HIGHWAY... I told him to put some better fuel in(Shell). He now gets 500KM in CITY and our trucks are just under 7000LBS without a load of tires on.

That's how I look at it.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car