Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Those Who Use Ford Oil Filters
If you haven't been told yet or found out Ford is obsoleting the FL-2005 filter used on the Zetec engine.. replaced by the FL-400-S. Yes it will work, and the price might be a bit better, but the FL-2005 has a anti drain back valve in it... so if you desire check your local dealer for OLD stock since they do not make them ANYMORE
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
I've been using the FL-400s for awhile with no issue. No need to panic...
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
I've used the equivalent k&n of the FL-400's without the lock. I haven't had any issues, running boosted even for quite some time.
I HAVE NO ISSUES.... Just letting those who use the right stuff listed know whats going on...

they valve is there so if theres a problem it will protect the engine not using it does not make sense ... protect the investment
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
THE flow back valve is there to keep the oil in the filter so its not a dry start up each time you cold start with an empty oil filter

so why are they doing this? they are getting rid of a good filter for a crappier one?
zetec crew #200
If you can chop your own wood you will warm yourself twice
Zetec: Its always on