Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time To Face The Music...
Whoa, 50,000km? for a 2007MY that's way high IMO and frankly I'd be wary of the claim that it was a rental, my Focus was an ex daily rental but had only 14,000km on it.

I'd get the full VIN and do the digging... I suspect this this was used as either a taxi cab or a courier van with that kind of mileage...

NefCanuck
sounds like an ex-rental, or shuttle from a dealership, not suprised with the mileage either, if you go over to the Car Auctions for any minivan, they usually have 50,000+ kms on them, if they have really low milage they are always accident repaired... and usually have issues with them after they get sent to the auctions.

only time I've seen under 50,000 was at the dealer lots as Demos with 10 - 20,000 kms on them, not to mention cost an arm, a leg, and maybe your first born too.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
forester XT is a nice crossover vehicle.. lots of motor
Another question for you guys.
Is it normal that an Ontario dealer will charge you (alot) to get the car safetied in Quebec?
I thought a safety check in Quebec was only about 60-70$ They want to charge us 160$!
Okay, he did say if something did not pass they would get it fixed and resafetied (resafety is about 25-30$), but dang, what if it passes ok first time through?
The stealership is also asking for 250$ in admin fees!!! When will the raping stop!
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black
Gravter,Dec 19 2007, 10:24 PM Wrote:The stealership is also asking for 250$ in admin fees!!!  When will the raping stop!
[right][snapback]254927[/snapback][/right]
The raping stops when you say fawk you, keep the car.

Seriously. tell him no or else you walk.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Freestar? I'd check and see if the transmission will last. I think I heard something about them having a lousy transmission.

Did some more reading on the 2007. Make sure you keep up on the maintenance, and change the tranny fluid every 50,000 Km.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
oldeguy,Dec 22 2007, 10:55 AM Wrote:Freestar? I'd check and see if the transmission will last. I think I heard something about them having a lousy transmission.

Did some more reading on the 2007. Make sure you keep up on the maintenance, and change the tranny fluid every 50,000 Km.
[right][snapback]255060[/snapback][/right]

Chrysler / Dodge Caravans are much worse, they have an avarage tranny life span of 45,000 kms - 80,000 kms before something goes wrong with them, if it will make it to 120,000+ with no issues you'll have one of the very rare ones that is actually good. but it's not uncommon to change a chrysler / dodge caravan tranny every 100,000 kms.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Well, the dealer is not lowering his price so I think we're gonna pass on it.
We want him to lower it 1,000$ so we can buy some winter wheels and tires for it. (16").
The '07 is warrantied until 100,000Km, but half is gone :(
The price was almost right, but we still have a few more months before baby boy #3 gets here ;)
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black