Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clunking On Front End....
Hey guys, I have a rather annoying clunking in the front end of the car while turning and going over bumps.

Does anyone know what this could be and the difficulty to remedy it????
mines doing it to took it to dealer , everythings tight dunno what it is ...
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
i heard a clunking sound when my coils were broken, but only when i turned or would go over a bump
Interior
Jvc headunit, , Kicker Zx 1000.1, 2 12" Kicker comp VR, Diamond plate floor mats

Power mods
FRPP spark plug wires, Volant CAI
i m having same problem.,
it is strut mount problem..the center nut thing got loose over time..
but once i get it replaced, i will know for sure.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
in my case when I heard that it was the stablizer arm on the passenger side that was fubared...

if you can tell what side it's from pop of your front tire and see if anything is broken.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
konafocuswrc,Jul 28 2007, 04:53 PM Wrote:i m having same problem.,
but once i get it replaced, i will know for sure.
[right][snapback]245082[/snapback][/right]

Could be. Also could be somthing simple. Swaybar links for example.

2000 ZX3
Your endlinks are toast. Cheap part and an easy fix.
Quote:i m having same problem.,

Ditto, I had mine tightened up while at the Fast Lane.
I'd pop the hood and check them out, compare torque, etc.
Swaybar endlinks, or connectors as the book calls them. Almost definitely these. They only need to be a little worn to make a lot of noise over bumps etc. I did mine, and it fixed it.
turn each wheel and pull the stabilizer end links outwards, if they move, replace them. easy fix.
First year with a Foci ' 03 ZX5 Silver
Baby seat, Roush Exhuast, more performance mods to come
Awesome guys. I'll have a look this afternoon!
I had a squeak/groan that was endlinks, but they have been known to clunk as well.

Good luck bud!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 29 2007, 09:15 PM Wrote:I had a squeak/groan that was endlinks, but they have been known to clunk as well.

Good luck bud!
[right][snapback]245129[/snapback][/right]

Ya, mine did the clunk thing. Drove it around for 2 months like that, but in the end it got too annoying. Didn't take long to do the fix.
Could be a cv boot that is cracked to (easy to check), but I'd d start with the endlinks. Theres a reason I keep spares at home ;) :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  clunking noise in front of focus mustanggt_50 10 3,549 11-27-2011, 11:53 PM
Last Post: mustanggt_50
  Well.....i Found The Clunking In My Front End... ANTHONYD 6 2,840 04-17-2009, 08:54 AM
Last Post: drunkinmonkey
  Bah...clunking From Front.... Scorpion 11 3,480 08-24-2006, 02:31 PM
Last Post: ZX3TUNING
  Clunking Sound In Front End MAlby7 2 1,549 08-02-2006, 05:21 AM
Last Post: MAlby7