Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats The Diff?
okay....I've got to ask....what's wrong with a phantom grip? I talked to a guy running one in his 200SX, he couldn't say enough good things about it...
2001 Sangria Red ZTS, Zetec 5-spd, key gouges on hood and passenger fender (thanks idiots!Wink

Drivetrain and chassis: CAI, Steeda STS

Interior and exterior: Blacked out sidemarker lens, blacked out tailights, blacked out 3rd brake light, de-badged, cobra 40 ch. CB, Sirius

VA3RBV, Basic class licence!
they modify the factory open diff into a posi-like LSD. the factory diff is extremely weak and the phantom grip parts are extremely cheap. many focus owners back in 00, 01 and early 02 who used the Phantom grip because the Quaifes were $1000usd+/-, ended up with grenaded Diffs and needing to replace transmissions.

in short, Phantom grips in the focus are JUNK. i don't know about other cars and how strong their factory open diffs are but i doubt the design in general as a viable option for a performance application, more so on the Focus!
Go with quaife, life time warranty!

I'm getting a quaife this spring, $950cnd hey, is that with shipping :P I'll get a clutch/pressure plate too. I'll be in touch with the fine people of ZX3tunning soon enough!
Civic's sucks!

SEX is like math: add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and pray you don't multiply!
oh if you are buying all 3 at the same time, i'm sure we could work something out! ;)
ZX3TUNING,Feb 25 2007, 11:45 PM Wrote:oh if you are buying all 3 at the same time, i'm sure we could work something out! ;)
[right][snapback]228166[/snapback][/right]

AH HA I was just going to PM you somthing along this line perhaps the trany upgrade package

stage 1: fly wheel, clutch and short throw,,

stage 2: fly wheel, clutch, short throw and diff

stage 3: fly wheel, clutch short throw, diff and gear

would sell well I'm sure!

[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!
like i said, i'm sure we could work something out.