Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't You Love Tinting Windows!
Flofocus,Dec 8 2006, 03:56 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 8 2006, 04:50 PM Wrote:Nah, that ruins the quality of life that we currently enjoy. You guys can keep the stress and busyness of the Big City™. [right][snapback]219262[/snapback][/right]

Ottawa is NOT big city living. :lol:
[right][snapback]219265[/snapback][/right]

Then why does downtown look like one large mausoleum?

The Hill is nice, some other sections are alright... otherwise it reminds me of Mississauga.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 8 2006, 05:21 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 8 2006, 04:50 PM Wrote:Nah, that ruins the quality of life that we currently enjoy. You guys can keep the stress and busyness of the Big City™. [right][snapback]219262[/snapback][/right]

The Hill is nice, some other sections are alright... otherwise it reminds me of Mississauga.
[right][snapback]219288[/snapback][/right]

Oi, oi... we have nice sections in Mississauga... you just have to know where to look... between all the condos and "executive townhomes"... :ph34r: :lol:

NefCanuck
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 8 2006, 06:21 PM Wrote:

what does that have to do with big city? Montreal is a big city...Toronto is a big city....Ottawa is dead pass 5pm. :lol: There aint no stress here, Trust me.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Dec 11 2006, 04:53 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 8 2006, 06:21 PM Wrote:

what does that have to do with big city? Montreal is a big city...Toronto is a big city....Ottawa is dead pass 5pm. :lol: There aint no stress here, Trust me.
[right][snapback]219676[/snapback][/right]

Actually, that's very true. NOTHING moves in the capital past 5PM. So it's a larger North Bay at that point. :lol:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I'd say after 6pm because the traffic can be silly some times during "rush hour" lol.

Oh, I.m getting my ST done this weekend, 20% all around (not the front, duhh) for 200$
I'll be posting pics of it .. stay tuned
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black
Yeah factory tint woot woot!
O3 ZX3: Drl-to-drf Mod, Racing mirrors, Shorty antenna, B&M short shifter, Focus Sport 4-1 race header, Focus Sport front strut stabilizer, MBRP cat back, RaceCraft springs, Eibach Pro dampners and struts, RaceCraft 25mm rear stabilizer, Hella lights, Core Racing 17"s.
VF Supercharger Kit (Stage 2)

"I usually don't do this type of work." "I thought you were a professional driver?" "A different kind of driving.".
I have an electrical engineering degree for my field of work, but on the side, I install anything electrical for cars and stereo equipment, as well as wire up subs etc. I take pride in what I do and a few of my setups have done really well at sound competitions. I've gotten into arguments with people at future shop etc.. who get a weeks training and they believe they are experts in acoustics. :D
anyways, for the last year, I have been tinting as well. At first it was pretty ugly. But now I enjoy doing it myself and everyone I have done, has been satisfied. I have lost count of how much tint I have thrown away, not because the customer was unhappy, but where i have been disappointed with the work.
I got 30% all-around done to the Mustang this past Monday, as it was part of my sales agreement with the dealership. I dind't mind having a shop do it, as the window film is guaranteed for the life of the car, and the install is guaranteed by the shop, so if it shifts/streaks/bubblesfts anywhere, they will redo the bad spots. I didn't do my own tint on the Focus either, as the shop I went to did the 3M panther black, 20% all-around, and it was under $300 for the whole job...and it looked awesome...

Kudo's to you for doing your own though...

L8tz
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Drivesthebeast,Dec 14 2006, 01:38 PM Wrote:I got 30% all-around done to the Mustang this past Monday, as it was part of my sales agreement with the dealership.  I dind't mind having a shop do it, as the window film is guaranteed for the life of the car, and the install is guaranteed by the shop, so if it shifts/streaks/bubblesfts anywhere, they will redo the bad spots.  I didn't do my own tint on the Focus either, as the shop I went to did the 3M panther black, 20% all-around, and it was under $300 for the whole job...and it looked awesome...

Kudo's to you for doing your own though...

L8tz
[right][snapback]220211[/snapback][/right]

i like to learn and try different stuff, right now i'm trying to decide on the lay out of my homemade pipe bender... and i think i've come up with a good one... closer to a actual mandrel bender the a crush bender...
Silver 2000 zx3: Cai w/ K&n X-Stream filter, Steeda Wires (blue), Ngk plugs, Steeda Badges, Carbon taillights, Tint 20/30, blue glow And steeda Springs sirius sat radio, 2.5" Custom mandrel bent catback