Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stock Rims 16"
im still trying to figure out what the name or make of the stock 16" rims of the focus sedan is? I have the 5 spoke rims. I want to find out the actual name, make, model, and specs (like weight, size, etc).

Be the change you want to see in this world.
i thought 16" always come in 6 spoke :blink:
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
The 16" wheels only come in five spoke for their current lineup, but they had a 16" six spoke at one time. As for weight, i'm not sure... which rims do you have exactly?
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
The 6-spokes on the first gen Focus were the un-painted/polished versions of the S2 hatch wheels.

The 5-spoke, 16" wheels are common from later on in the first gens and into the "1.5" gens.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
OEM wheels don't usually have a make or model, do they? They're usually referred to by how many spokes, or they get a nickname by car guys..

As far as specs go, you should be able to find out the proper backspacing, offset, etc.. but weight might be a hard figure to find without braking out the scale and weighing them yourself.
yeah i have 16" 5 spoke rims (2004 focus sedan). So it's got no name? For stock, they are actually pretty sporty rims....i hope to find out the name and its specs.... i think someone once told me the 16" were 17 pounds each.

I'm looking into rota slipstreams and heard they are really lightweight (16" are 13-14lbs, and 17" around 15lbs).

i can't tell if steel grey or silver would look better on my silver sedan. Maybe something darker too like bronze or gun metal.
Lightweight rims are only usefull on a racetrack (and a smooth one at that). On the streets, you often run the risk of damaging them when driving into potholes, or those spots on the 401 where the ashphalt has been ripped up, and that rough stuff is there until they actaully pave the damned thing...lol

I had stock SVT rims on my car as my summer rims...yes they were heavy, but they looked great, and they never gave me any drama with rough pavement, or off-road either (Algonquin park FC.net camping trip/meet)...

Take this stuff into consideration...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
thanks for the headsup, but how serious is this we are talking about? They may be lightweight but only by 2-3 pounds....is that really going to make the rims that much more vulnerable to damage than stock? Even stock rims could get damaged by potholes too right? I think when it comes to damaging rims, the difference is marginal so rota wheels or stock rims doesn't really make a difference. You'll damage the rims if you drive into potholes or go off roading.

I thought u were going to say something more like lightweight rims could negatively affect steering and handling and even cause more accidents or driving mishaps (like being blown away by the wind?).

cornflakes,Dec 1 2006, 11:35 PM Wrote:thanks for the headsup, but how serious is this we are talking about?  They may be lightweight but only by 2-3 pounds....is that really going to make the rims that much more vulnerable to damage than stock?  Even stock rims could get damaged by potholes too right?  I think when it comes to damaging rims, the difference is marginal so rota wheels or stock rims doesn't really make a difference.  You'll damage the rims if you drive into potholes or go off roading.

I thought u were going to say something more like lightweight rims could negatively affect steering and handling and even cause more accidents or driving mishaps (like being blown away by the wind?).
[right][snapback]218331[/snapback][/right]

Nope, just that I seldom hear of people with stock or heavy rims having issues with bending or breaking them, or even breaking the bead...whereas a lot fo folks who run rims with smaller than a 45 series tire have had some issues from time to time. Larger/heavier rims will make you lose HP, and have less effective brakes due to the larger rotating mass that is spread farther from the center (spindle).

The rota slipstreams in a 16" is one of the best choices out there for what you are looking for...won't fault them on that...

L8tz
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
I have the 16" 6 spoke rims on my 02 and I bent 2 of them last winter driving on Lawerance in Scarborough. I had the stock BFG's on and I found that the sidewalls were not very supportive. I switched to Fuzion tires this spring and I found the performance was greatly improved.

I just picked up 4-14" steelies and a set of snows for the winter months. I am moving from South Etobicoke to Scarborough so I will be traveling a lot further this year so the snows were a must.

Good luck on your quest for wheels. Go for 17's if you do anything. There are a set of SVT EAP wheels and tires for sale in the for sale forum. You should look at those.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stock Wheel Size For Focus 15" Rims ThraxXx 9 2,420 09-02-2005, 05:51 AM
Last Post: Jaspher