Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duratec Exhaust
will the zetec mbrp work on a 2.0L duratec??
im pretty sure i remember someone saying it wont.

'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
^^ Don't know but i do know however, I'M ORDERING MY MBRP EXHAUST TODAY....WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
No, a Zetec exhaust won't work on a Duratec. The motors are configured differently.. Zetec has exhaust in the front, Duratec in the rear.
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
Just call MBRP. The worst case scenario is that they get you to measure from a certain point up to the cat, and they compare that to the Zetec/SPI. Either they'll custom fab a longer piece of the exhaust, or a shorter piece leading to the cat.

From what I'm told the exhaust routing, aside from the obvious engine difference, is all the same under the car as they're mechanically very similar.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
no it wont
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
*grumbles*

I JUST spoke with Ed personally at MBRP. He says he's more than happy to take calls / orders from anyone with a 05+ Duratec Focus to arrange for an install in Huntsville.

He says, and I quote: "There have been no major fitment issues that we are aware of with the 05s. 99% of everything we're hearing is that it bolts up properly. Of course, we're happy to arrange an install appointment to completely determine whether there is a problem or not."

Now, you're in Windsor, so that's a 5 hour drive. I really, truly believe if you were to ask them about measuring a length of pipe as needed, they would custom-cut stuff to size for you... it may just be like the hatch / sedan setup where you need to add a few inches to a sedan install of a hatch exhaust, or remove a few inches at the tail on a hatch install of a sedan exhaust.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
its not for me

theres a guy on my local board who is looking to get rid of one and on eof the guys has hte duratec, he was jsut wonderingn if they would work together or not.

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
ZX5focused,Jan 13 2006, 11:28 AM Wrote:its not for me

theres a guy on my local board who is looking to get rid of one and on eof the guys has hte duratec, he was jsut wonderingn if they would work together or not.
[right][snapback]164905[/snapback][/right]

Depending on engine code, they may or may not fit. Im not sure which one is which though since I dont really care for the 05's. :P

http://members.cox.net/duratecparts/
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
you know what it is, i think the duratec have a second Cat. thats why it might not work.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthr...12&pagenumber=1

Here's the link to FF people on there say it can work but it deletes the 2nd cat, although there is a workaround to make it work with the 2nd cat.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
its so much easier just to get a custom stainless steel exhaust made for the duratecs thats what i did and i couldnt be happier with how it turned out
ps i used a magnaflow muffler
E.O MASIV