Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto Upholstery
Does anyone know of any "How To's" in regards to redoing the bucket seats?
I would like to change the color of them to black and red but I don't want to go out and get new seats! I like mine just the way they are aside from the color. I have black and red seat covers but I would like to make them look a little better.

Any help or direction would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims
Aside from seat covers...

reupholstering a seat is a pretty damned big job... you have to be pretty damned good at stiching with a machine in order to get both the shape and the strength necessary... you might just be better off having a shop do it for you, but for the price, you might be able to find a nice set of used SVT seats in red & black
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Well when my dad had his seats redone, they cost him around 400$ for the 2 front buckets. I was thinking about haveing mine redone in black and darkgreen vinal... but i have better things to put my money to. :)
Save points are for quiters
i've always wanted to get a extra set of seats and take them apart stich my stich ....then i would have a pattern that i could use to cut out new peices, and make a tight slip cover. i just have not had the time or the money to take on a project
2003 Zx3 French Blue
actually I'm kinda thinking of doing something like that, but I'd be doing this on the rear split seat in my car as I want to add the rear head rests..... since the clips that hold the head rests in place is deep in the seat back.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Call Apple Auto Glass for a quote. Maybe cheaper than trying to do it yourself. B)
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.