Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removing Paint
Alright so I recently picked up a used front euro bumper (thanks Meford4u) and I need to strip the paint so that I can get it repainted for my car. This past weekend I started to try and do it. I used a automotive paint stripper in a spray can from Canadian Tire and well it didn't work too well. Now it did say that you should be in a area that is 21-35 degrees, and as you all know it aint that temp here, I was in my garage so it wasn't like it was - in there but not too warm as well. Any ideas on how to get this paint off so I can start to prep it for paint? Thanks in advance
2000 ZX3 - H&R Sport Springs, Fast Wheels, Kumho Tires, MOMO Shift Knob and Boot, Shortened Shifter, K&N Cone Filter
That stuff should work, and yes the temp it is in your garage is a big factor, well at least for fiberglass it is, that s**t wont dry unless you get it in the right heat. :angry:

When I stripped & repainted the Justy, I used pretty much the same stuff, except it was from walmart, I let it sit for about 45 min-1 hour on the car and scraped away. This was in the middle of summer tho.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I don't know if this will work for your application, but when I am stripping wood, to keep the product from drying out and continuing to strip the paint, I always use plastic wrap over the product to enhance it and slow the drying.

TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
did u really need to strip the paint?
cant u just sand it down and prime and paint
2003 Zx3 French Blue