Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear Drums
I have a 2000 ZX3. My drums are rusted to s**t and they squeak when it's cold. I was wondering if anyone had this similar issue and did something about it? Also where could I get drums and possibly shoes for my car that are not from Ford (ie. better)?
My drums have a tiny squeak to them when cold.... probably nothing like what you mean. Sorry man.

As for upgrades... all I've ever heard about is ripping out the drums and switching to a SVT Focus-style quad-disc setup.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Why upgrade. I had the tiniest squeak in the drums last summer and Ford replaced them no questions asked. No more squeak....
Ya but you have warranty!
what year is your focus??
what?! lol my brakes have squeaking too when braking from 5km to 0km slowly...it squeaks during cool weather, rain, fog....lol its normal to have squeak in your brake in wet weather...ZX3TUNR oviously has a very very good dealership. The only thing i can think of right now is that SVT 4 wheel disk upgrade as well...but then whats the point?? Its costs too much for the upgrade...get a JRSC and let that drum rust all it wants :lol:
2003 Focus ZTS Sedan - CD Silver - 2.0L ZETEC. Power Moonroof. Winter Package. 4 spd auto
2002 Mazda Protege ES Sedan - Sand Mica - 2.0L FS-DE. 4 spd auto

Toronto Protege Club Events Photographer
Toronto Protege Club Events Reporter
Found this on FocusHacks.com, relating to your squealing-like-a-pig braking problem:

http://www.focushacks.com/index.php?modid=48
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Thanks I saw that the other day