Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shorty Header Heat Problem
I just recently purchased a pacesetter shorty header. Yes thats right a pacesetter I purchase it close to nothing. My question is has anyone found a way to solve this heat problem?
What is the exact problem, its going to get hot ;)

Is it not ceramic coated?
Pacesetter, won't comment on that.

As for the heat, it shouldn't be a problem, nothing serious anyway. There are tons of guys running shorty headers out there wil no heatshielding on the hood. You could probably rig up a 'heat shield' and attach it to the inside part of the hood over the header.

Ceramic coating would definitely be a bonus, you wouldn't have this problem.
theres a special tape made of some material you can wrap it with but I forget what its called.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
The car originally had the header showed paint crackes on the hood . And its not powder coated. I'm basically asking has anybody invented a way to solve the extreme amount of heat generated and pics of heats sheild installs. For example today I went to school its about a 15-20 minute drive. I placed my hand on the outside of the hood and almost burned my hand. So I figured this can't be good for the hood.
You can ask Jarrod (Focis8nt) on here. He has a shorty header that he painted (ceramic paint maybe?) and I am pretty sure he has NO heat shielding. PM him, he might be able to help ya on this......
Had my JBA on for years....not a problem what so ever.
Official s**t Disturber of Focuscanada.net!!!

PROUD FOUNDER of the Groß Oberlippenbart Klub
Dis is what you need

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...7922233008&rd=1

Where you get it, I haven't got a clue.

TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
That looks like s**t, sorry but I know it works, I would just forget it, like Paparoach said, he never had that on his JBA.
It's a heat sheilding tape. Some people use that on their intakes too.
Run your car, not your mouth
thanks for the help guys
D-Dub,Sep 16 2004, 05:19 PM Wrote:theres a special tape made of some material you can wrap it with but I forget what its called.
DEi Header wrap. SHoot me a pm if you need some. You get a kit wuth the wrap and a silicon adhesive that prevents moisture from degrading the wrap material. It also comes with stainless tie wraps.

I've seen sunburst hoods (a la Grand National) as a result of the heat of a shorty, so I think that you would be wise to consider using it.
^
|
|
Thats what I was talking about
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
The hood on anthony(pi) focus was damaged due to the heat from his long tubes. I'm not sure why some cars are affected and why others are not, but it is better to catch it now, rather once it is too late.
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
Blackzx3,Sep 20 2004, 12:16 PM Wrote:The hood on anthony(pi) focus was damaged due to the heat from his long tubes. I'm not sure why some cars are affected and why others are not, but it is better to catch it now, rather once it is too late.
I thought that was from the shorty he had b4 the full length?
Maybe so I'm not 100% sure honestly.
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Long Tube Header - Heat Shield hardk0re 10 2,803 06-11-2007, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Gravter
  Shorty Header Install... euro 10 4,483 04-21-2006, 11:08 AM
Last Post: euro
  Shorty Header And Downpipe Chromey 2 1,530 10-30-2005, 05:06 AM
Last Post: SL8RZZX3
  Shorty Header + Hi-flo Cat habmann 0 1,172 09-10-2005, 05:01 AM
Last Post: habmann
  Installing Shorty Header And Orp Q? FocusTunerzx3 6 2,449 07-17-2005, 06:11 AM
Last Post: FocusTunerzx3
  Mbrp Exhaust & Shorty Header habmann 2 1,830 03-21-2005, 03:11 PM
Last Post: FociS8nt