Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Euro Tails!
why is everyone talking about the way they wired up the taillights....i had two holes in each light....the top one I put in the brake light...and the bottom one i put in the reverse light....they are exactly like my US spec ones just with an amber reverse.... :( is that wrong???
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
Pardon my ignorance but isn't it that the euro tails don't have a reverse at all? The reverse light is in the bumper over there. The amber part is just for the signal light.

I think the issue ppl were having is that most have a NA bumper and with the clear reverse light gone they're needing to know the best way to wire it up... in my opinion get a Euro bumper. If you're going for the "euro-spec" look anyway you probably should invest in it as it's a much cleaner look and you stay legal. I'm pretty sure the cops aren't gonna bug you for not having a reverse light as much as other mods but yeah it's still technically illegal.
I just dont get why you'd put tails on your car that have an amber area designed to be the turn signal, but not wiring them up as such. I thought that would be the point, and the cool part of having them.. l
FociS8nt,Aug 11 2004, 02:33 AM Wrote:lol yeah...i like the yelling out the window idea....i dunno reverse lights meh they are over-rated
'till it's dark...

You city folk don't really have to deal with "dark" though, do you?

I still keep my island...
I don't think Jarrod has to worry about the light behind the car when backing up, his car is loud enough (MBRP wooooo people need to chill, it ain't that loud, sarcasm)......

If you can't see and hear that WHITE focus backing up, you deserve to be run down......
I think I backup once a week... :lol:
OHHHHH the amber part is the signal light lol anyone help my with wiring those up like that???anyone got a wiring diagram for the back ???
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
I ad it with my hella lights but i lost the book
FociS8nt,Aug 20 2004, 05:07 PM Wrote:OHHHHH the amber part is the signal light lol anyone help my with wiring those up like that???anyone got a wiring diagram for the back ???
Here's a couple recent focaljet threads about people installing euro tails on 2003 cars:

http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/showfla...sb=5&o=&fpart=1

http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/showfla...sb=5&o=&fpart=1

That should help.. if not, I think Schmee/ZX3tuning might have some experience with wiring euro tails on some other people's cars.