Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
65mm Pro-m Maf
This little piece of kit showed up in my mail today:

yes folks, a 65 mm Pro-M MAF!!! BOOYAH!

<a href='http://www.darkpuppet.com/images/maf/maf.jpg'>[Image: maf.jpg]

This bad boy should bolt onto my supercharger inlet and cone filter without any serious modifications necessary... the piece is cast aluminum, most likely a Ford Ranger part, with a pro-M MAF calibrated to 42# injectors. The flow sheet shows 42lbs of air/minute at 4.517, so it'll definitely handle my HP needs.

The only problem I forsee is that the o-ring that seals the sample tube in the housing, actually drops below the inside wall of the housing

<a href='http://www.darkpuppet.com/images/maf/maf_inside.jpg'>[Image: maf_inside.jpg]</a>

So I'm going to pull that o-ring (so it doesn't disintegrate over time and get sucked up the supercharger), and use a little liquid gasket to seal it up nice and tight.

Of course, I'm still waiting on my dataloggig software so I can install this thing (considering I ordered the datalogging software 3 days before the MAF while I researched MAFs)...

almost there....
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

All that doesnt mean s**t to me...but

COOL!!!

all I wanna know is can I have a ride???
Almost there sounds like tonnes of fun :D
Official s**t Disturber of Focuscanada.net!!!

PROUD FOUNDER of the Groß Oberlippenbart Klub
Ah Steve, old buddy ole pal, Were did you get it?

I am looking for the same part--same problem as you.

Pm me if you like as I would also like to know $$$$$

TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.

<a href='http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v76/Flofocus/Picture_053.jpg'>[Image: Picture_053.jpg]

Got mine with 42 Lb Injectors from CFM....came just under $500 for everything.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Paparoach,May 25 2004, 02:21 PM Wrote:Almost there sounds like tonnes of fun :D
you dont even understand :lol: :ph34r:
Flofocus,May 25 2004, 06:50 PM Wrote:

<a href='http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v76/Flofocus/Picture_053.jpg'>[Image: Picture_053.jpg]

Got mine with 42 Lb Injectors from CFM....came just under $500 for everything.
niiice... that's the 70mm unit, right? that inlet side looks HUGE!!!

your outlet is just over 3&quot; outside diameter while mine is 2.98&quot;.. perfect for the 3&quot; flex hose going from the maf to the supercharger.

I can't wait to get this all together and tuned properly...

so what parts are you still waiting on, or are you ready for assembly?

You know what Steve, I am just going to sit back and learn. Whether you are bang on the first time or hit roadbumps along the way. Just keep posting and I will learn from all of you and then one day

[SIZE=medium]ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM

Thanks for the info flo. If you did get the parts In Canada puppet, let me know please.

I see Steeda has it for $285 Can.

Answering my own questions is like talking to myself.

Don't know where to go with that
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
I ordered this from the states... beats dealing with the half-clued folks you find at many canadian shops. I didn't have time or money to keep trying for properly sized MAFs... I'm going by engineering diagrams, and ordering straight from the source (pro-flow in this case).

Flofocus.. one thing I see in your pics, is that the o-ring hangs into the main MAF body as well.. you may want to pull the MAF and use some liquid gasket to make sure she's sealed properly. I can pretty much block one end of my MAF, and breath normally through the other end, as there appears to be a lot of leakage between the sample tube and MAF body--something I'm sure is not good in the long run.

See Steve now your confusing me....haha...

On Fj I posted about this....

Look at the pics, well the other side has another 1/2&quot; added to the diameter.

But on the MAF it says 65mm....its clearly bigger on both sides. :huh:
Flo, you gots the 70mm unit.... I read (and posted a reply to) your post on [FJ]... you should still be fine.

[edit] note that the size of the MAF is measured at the narrowest point...[/edit]