Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi Flow Cat
All I can say is someone is thinking over there with that addition of a skid plate. I could have used that on my headers.
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
So I have another newby question for ya'll.

I met up with the other Focus Tuning car on the weekend and we were discussing his exhaust setup. He has exactly the same setup as we have, except he has a cat that has been gutted out. I noticed that both cars still sound identical. No noticeable increase in sound. He was telling me that he noticed a considerable increase in torque after he did the gutting.
My question is, and I would love to hear from Papa and French, is that if I put in the JBA long tube header ( I have heard that it's the best, guaranteed for life) flex pipe and under body cat, am I going to get the same results noise wise as he did with just gutting out the cat?
I had someone explain the Y pipe idea, and found that very intriguing, but I would have to research the costs of undertaking such a project.
I think I can put together the cat header and flex pipe installed for $750--but I am really concerned about the noise.

HELP

TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
well I would be lying to you saying that a 4 in 1 long tube will be quiet, but you always have the option to buy a good magnaflow quiet silencer and run another one down at the back.

it will make you gain a lot of top end, which mean complet sense to me since you have a supercharger, I would say you should weld in order after the flex pipe: high flow cat hermoff for a 5.9 liter un on the line maybe 2 feet after the flange, good silencer on stock location, mufler at the tail pipe,

then you'll probably have a very sweet exaust sound that wont piss off the neighboor unless you rev it up.

:)
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold