Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Octane Booster
So I have a tank full of 91 octane and want to check out my 94 octane program. WIthout having to wait for that tank to be used up can I use an octane booster?

What has been everyone's experience with these products?
Should I be worried about potentially damaging my engine?
Yellow 2000 ZX3 - Tinted Windows, SVT Air Intake, MBRP Exhaust, NewEdge Performance 2.25" Flex Pipe, Focus Sport UDP, SVT Bumper, Ford Racing 9MM Wires, K&N Filter, XCal2 ECU Upgrade, Shorty Antenna, Ported Throttle Body
190,000 KM (120,000 Miles) and counting!
Alec Brandon,Sep 20 2007, 01:36 PM Wrote:So I have a tank full of 91 octane and want to check out my 94 octane program.  WIthout having to wait for that tank to be used up can I use an octane booster?

What has been everyone's experience with these products?
Should I be worried about potentially damaging my engine?
[right][snapback]249167[/snapback][/right]

I had to use the stuff this week because Sunoco was out of 94 AND 91 :blink:

Put in $10 of 89, threw two bottles of octane booster in case, and didnt boost at all till I could get to another Sunoco.

With that said, i couldnt tell you if it made a difference, no deto was heard, but like I said, I didnt hit boost at all. The car was idling funny, I thought it was a leak again, but after I filled up with 94, the idle went back to normal. Very weird.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
i would NOT count on a canned octane booster to get you from 91 to 94 especially if you are boosted (unless this is a can of straight up toluene we are talking about)

i have been reading about this recently since apparently my stock ECU can optimize timing up to 96 octane.. it turns out that these 'octane boosters' only add like .6 octane or something pathetic like that.

the only thing that does work for sure is to put toluene in the tank. if you mixed toluene into your tank of 91 (you'd have to look up the proportion) that would certainly get to to 94 or above.
bad idea my friend just wait till ur empty then fill with 94
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS