Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mbrp Install Question.
For anybody who has the MBRP. My kit came with a rubber hanger and I am interested to where it goes. My guess would be for the hanger closest to the flange on the tail end pipe. But I would like to know for sure.
O3 ZX3: Drl-to-drf Mod, Racing mirrors, Shorty antenna, B&M short shifter, Focus Sport 4-1 race header, Focus Sport front strut stabilizer, MBRP cat back, RaceCraft springs, Eibach Pro dampners and struts, RaceCraft 25mm rear stabilizer, Hella lights, Core Racing 17"s.
VF Supercharger Kit (Stage 2)

"I usually don't do this type of work." "I thought you were a professional driver?" "A different kind of driving.".
When I did the MBRP I found that using the supplied hanger hardware resulted in a "droopy" exhaust tip. Probably an inch of space between the tip and the bodywork. So I looked at the MBRP hanger and the stock hanger and came to the solution of cutting a length off the welded-on hanger and re-using the stock rubber. Now it sits ab. 1/4 " away.
This was the only beef I have with the MBRP kit. I love the sound. Congrats on your choice!
I saw your plans for an exhaust, race header + MBRP. Go buy ear plugs :P

The hanger is for the rear support, also go buy a longer bolt and some washers because ligning it up is a pain. What I did is just cut off the hanger they put on mine and re-welded one that aligned it better.
Yea buy the ear plugs.......... I guess you've never heard my car :P
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
ok cool, thanks!
O3 ZX3: Drl-to-drf Mod, Racing mirrors, Shorty antenna, B&M short shifter, Focus Sport 4-1 race header, Focus Sport front strut stabilizer, MBRP cat back, RaceCraft springs, Eibach Pro dampners and struts, RaceCraft 25mm rear stabilizer, Hella lights, Core Racing 17"s.
VF Supercharger Kit (Stage 2)

"I usually don't do this type of work." "I thought you were a professional driver?" "A different kind of driving.".
Pics of install?
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upcoming turbo install question(s) MuskokaZX3 6 3,372 03-11-2012, 04:51 AM
Last Post: MuskokaZX3
  Turbo Install Question Ignited83 6 3,125 12-09-2008, 04:00 AM
Last Post: ZX3_2NV
  Mbrp Install Q's reldridge 13 3,499 05-19-2007, 03:38 AM
Last Post: reldridge
  Mbrp Ordered, Install Date July 6 In Huntsville NefCanuck 42 12,914 07-11-2006, 09:11 AM
Last Post: NefCanuck
  Eibach Spring Install Question paulicat 6 2,281 05-28-2004, 02:49 AM
Last Post: paulicat