Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help!
OUCH!! I break one little plastic piece and the dealer is asking $200 for the part. Since I am in a hurry I said whatever just give me the part. Oh well it still comes to $400 cheaper than what the dealer was charging to get me GF's car running.
ouch is right!

Sorry I didnt have this part...oh well!! saved ya some cash on the injectors. :)
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Exactly so I don't mind, 10$ was soooo much better than $250 thanks again.
Mike Rudat,Dec 19 2006, 03:15 PM Wrote:Exactly so I don't mind, 10$ was soooo much better than $250 thanks again.
[right][snapback]221061[/snapback][/right]

Yep, saves you some cash when you read and turn a wrench a little heh!

I just finshed doing the thermostat housing on my fathers bmw....was the 1st time I ever really worked on the engine (replaced the whole front end on it before) so I was taking my time....took me about 2 hours to get it done, costs were $20 for thermostat, $2 for o ring gasket, $11 for housing gasket, $50 for housing. And now I can change a thermostat on a bmw. :)

Dealership wanted $300 inlcuding parts to do the job. :blink:
Cost and satisfaction are both great things you can get out of doing the job yourself. lol dealership told me I could not change the injectors because I didn't have a special computer???
HAHAHA thats great what the dealership told you Mike, its just another one of those "Stealership" scams. That makes absolutly no sense why you would need a special computer, when people swap injectors in/out all the time. You would need a re-flash/tune if you went from #19 injectors to #42's, but 19's for 19's? Give me a break. Just another reason why I hate dealerships.
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
Mike Rudat,Dec 19 2006, 05:28 PM Wrote:dealership told me I could not change the injectors because I didn't have a special computer???
[right][snapback]221081[/snapback][/right]

lol