Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Begins.
there is no need to run a nitrous coil around the charger and meth spary on the PW kit is not suggested.
your best otion would be to run a small DP shot of nitrous.
anything before the rotors will can and most likely will cuase rotor damage and void any warrenty you have.

I'm unsure of the ratios in the Mini but the LSD may work.
I can get the FR or Quaife SVT LSDs if you like.

good price on the SVT kit... lame for that kid though... must be nice to have your dad buy you a faster way to kill yourself and/or others! ;) :P

if you are going to drop the entire driveline, make sure you do some of the prep work before you drop the engine.
5.0 Mustangs and Super Fords did an install of the Powerworks on an SVT in the November issue. I have it at home if you want me to try and get it for you.

Might be on their website too. http://www.50mustangandsuperfords.com

Ryan
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
reldridge,Oct 19 2006, 02:37 AM Wrote:5.0 Mustangs and Super Fords did an install of the Powerworks on an SVT in the  November issue. I have it at home if you want me to try and get it for you.

Might be on their website too. http://www.50mustangandsuperfords.com

Ryan
[right][snapback]212465[/snapback][/right]

Thanks Brother.
Actually the instruction they give you rock.
My fathers forgotten more about superchargers than I will ever know.
Thanks though much appreciated
Flying through the twisties
SUNDOWN
Bill, all I can say is SWEETTTTTTtttttttttttttt.............

Your car is kick ass already and now its going to Rock. I am will to pop over and give you a hand if you want I am good at turning wrenches and I can get my arms in some pretty tight spots. I did an engine swap in my 85 F150 all by myself over a weekend so I have a bit on knowledge. But hey you can do it alone. Lindsey and I still have to come over and hang one night. Say hi to Beth for us.

Once its on the road I see many new sets of tires in your future.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
should be pretty sweet man..

just a couple things.. my $0.02..

Don't put nitrous coils around the supercharger. Putting something like that around a precision-fit piece of moving machinery can't be good for the moving parts. Problem being that you'd end up rapidly, and unevenly cooling/heating up certain elements of the supercharger that would probably result in damage to the precision fit rotating bits.

2ndly.. as sweet as the quaiffe is, I was always tempted to go with the ford racing Torsen (I had neither, so this is unqualified opinion). However, consider that the quaiffe, if you put a wheel in free air (like leaving a parking garage driveway), that free wheel will still spin by it's lonesome. The quaiffe and the torsen in stock trim only keeps you from dog legging it if both wheels have force applied to them. Put one in the air and it'll still spin freely.

However, you can get the torsen in a pre-loaded configuration. Which means there's always a slight amount of torque applied to the diff so in a one wheel-in-the-air situation, the wheel on the ground will end up doing the pulling.

However, I do not know if this increases parasitic drag or not, or even if it matters that a wheel in the air will spin freely... since that's rarely the case when driving the car where the diff is needed. It's just a detail I found interesting when shopping around for diffs.

The bonus is that I believe the quaiffe has a life-time warranty. You can't beat that.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I say we have a little "meet" at your place to see how it goes!

POST PICS!!!!!!
Any good wing places up near barrie? Maybe we should have the next wing nite up there. Good reason to stop by and see the progress first hand.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

yea i say do it up, ill even drive up too.
[Image: forumn-stuffcopy.jpg]
im in......its time for me to go see Billy
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike