Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flexpipe Sound
with no other mods other than cai and catback (2.25" trubendz w/ magnaflow muffler and resonator), if i change my 1.75" stock flex to a 2.25" flexpipe, how much louder will the car get? Does the sound also change too?

(if i like the sound of my car at current settings, i dont want the addition of a 2.25" flex to change it a lot......like the way a race header completely changes the sound of nice mellow deep toned car).
Be the change you want to see in this world.
you won't notice any difference with the change of the flex.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
nice nice.......now i don't ever plan on adding a race header (just going to leave it stock) ....so with a 2.25" full cat-back exhaust.....do u think it makes sense to add a 2.25" flex or should i just leave it stock?

stock header + 2.25 flex + 2.25 catback
or
stock header + stock flex + 2.25 catback? (does it make much sense to spend more $$ on the flex with this setup without a race header...or just leave it stock and stick with the 2.25 catback?)
without the shorty or race header, I don't think it's worth the $$$ to change the flex.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
don't change the flex unless ur gonna change your header as well.....its only good if u wanna add up more hp to your car......if u only want the sound then yea no point......

i know im changin mine :D
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
thanks, i thought so too. I didn't think there would be any point in getting a hi-flow flex if im never going to get a race header. So i'll just stick with the catback exhaust system.