Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loud Exhaust
installed a magnaflow cat-back exhaust a few days ago
the thing is a lot louder then i wanted
does anyone know if there is a way to quiet it down without spending a sh*tload of money
Is there a resonator in the mid pipe? if there isn't, get one. If there is get a bigger one.

Problem solved. I think, anyone else have a say on this?
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
That pretty much covers it....

Do you have any other exhaust work, like headers? If you don't and planned on doing that, scratch that off your list :P
Focus man, Focus.,Jul 13 2006, 11:19 PM Wrote:Is there a resonator in the mid pipe?  if there isn't, get one.  If there is get a bigger one. 

Problem solved.  I think, anyone else have a say on this?
[right][snapback]197490[/snapback][/right]

What he said. Friend put a magnaflow on his and it was really loud. Welded in a regular old Thrush glasspack between the flex and muffler, and it quited it down probably quieter than my MBRP.
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
I have a 4-2-1 header and a mangaflow exhaust... it was pretty loud so I went and slapped a 26" resonator in the middle which was the biggest that would fit in there and now it's quiet, deep and sweet.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
ill look into a bigger resonator
deep and sweet sounds good
thanks
for the feedback guys
I have a MBRP mid pipe with resonator for sell. PM me if you interested.
JMS US spec front lip, Rieger R-RX side skirts, Rieger R-RX rear apron, European rear bumper, European tail lights, RPMlabs grill, Painted side mirrors cover, H4 HID kit, Lamin-X yellow fogs, shorty antenna, Loder1899 replica rear spoiler, weathertech window delfector, Injen short ram air box, FC UDP pulley, FC 65mm TB, Focussport race header, Focussport flex, magnaflow hi-flow cat, MBRP catback, SCT Xcal2, ford racing spark plug wire, Tein S-tech, FK Damper kit, Eibach rear camber kit, Focussport strut bar, Painted valve cover, TeamDynamic pro race 1.2 17", Kumho SPT 205/45/17, Hawk HP, brembo blank rotors, Russell SS brakelines, Motul dot 5.1, Recaro replica seats on Recaro seat base, KKM shift surround, In-dash 7" DVD player, Tein Damper-chi doll!!
Loud pipes save lives :P
No name, Cheap and Slutty.

MMM Daddy Like
I had a massive resonator on my magnaflow....and it was still loud...that was with a kamakaze header 2.5" and 2.5" flex.....if I had to do it over....I probably wouldnt get a magnaflow....

my car is almost stock now, and it still seems loud, I have the stock manifold and cat on now....and it still seems kinda loud.
SVT Motor Swap into 2000 zx3 with 5spd.
14.9 @ 93MPH
"I am going to run 5's .... I am planning on installing a rocket engine!"
This car came with a 4-1 header and the 2.5" magnaflow setup, it's stupid loud, possibly one of the loudest cars in the city... but if I drive like a branny it's quiet. I figure it keeps my lead foot in check so I don't get pulled over :)
Luke.

2002 Malibu Blue ZX5 "Malibloo" RIP 2006 Sad
2003 Liquid Grey ZX3 "Tarmac" Eurofried Rice

Tarmac.