Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Once Again Shifting Points
okay. Ractive Short ram, MSD wires, OBX race header with 2.25 FS flexpipe and MBRP cat-backand urethane motor mounts...what should I be starting at as in what number on the tach should i drop the clutch at and what number on the tach should i shift gears at??? just from ppls experience what do u figure?
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
FociS8nt,May 1 2005, 03:14 AM Wrote:okay. Ractive Short ram, MSD wires, OBX race header with 2.25 FS flexpipe and MBRP cat-backand urethane motor mounts...what should I be starting at as in what number on the tach should i drop the clutch at and what number on the tach should i shift gears at??? just from ppls experience what do u figure?
[right][snapback]105725[/snapback][/right]

is very hard to say without a dyno graph

but i'd say launch at 3000-3500 rpm and
first gear to second at 6500rpm
second to third at 6200rpm
third to forth 6200rpm

just my experience with the mods that u have.
2001 Yellow Focus ZX3
I wouldnt sweat it jarrod. The pavement was cold and dam from it snowing all day.
i wouldn't think your car with those mods would still be making power past 6000rpm .. 5500 if that .. so i would shift it a little lower .. around the 5500-6K mark.
Below Average Car Club
schade,May 2 2005, 04:30 PM Wrote:i wouldn't think your car with those mods would still be making power past 6000rpm .. 5500 if that .. so i would shift it a little lower .. around the 5500-6K mark.
[right][snapback]105960[/snapback][/right]

no offense, but shifting at the max power point is not quite right.... coz u want your next shift to be at the max power point when you shift :)
2001 Yellow Focus ZX3
are we talking about drag or road racing here....cause if it is road racing there is no diffinitive answer to that question.....smoth it out ...that is how you drive fast...

straight roads are for fast cars curved roads are for fast drivers....
CD silver 03zx5,wings west type w, hella projectors,painted SVt upper grill, Grillcraft lower grill,clear corners,clear upper brake light, team dynamic 15 spoke x 17" rims,Kumho 712's 215/40,pacesetter header,magnaflow cat back,FC 65mm tb,RactiveCAI,MSD dis2 ignition,Tayler Vertex wires,SHM udp,Ractive upper strut tower brace,FK hitec suspension with springs/dampers-35/40 drop,Eibach front/rear anti sway bars,Steeda short throw shifter,Momo race air leather knob and e-brake handle,custom fiberglass upper dash with AC el -glow oil pressure/volt gauges,el-glow face gauges