Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Night Shots
the light setup is Hella projectors e-code with HID H7 conversion kit. Been having this setup done for more than a year but never got a chance to take some pics...
so here they are :) any comments welcome =)

[Image: hid07.jpg]
[Image: hid01.jpg]
[Image: hid05.jpg]
[Image: hid03.jpg]
[Image: hid02.jpg]
[Image: hid04.jpg]

I have a question about my beam pattern tho, i always thought that the beam pattern should look like __/__/, but mine seems to look a bit like \/__/ (i hope u know what i mean haha) , for the ppl know/seen the hella projectors for the focus, do they have the exact same beam pattern as mine? (like, not perfectly __/__/)
in the pass 3 years i've tried many times to adjust the beam, took out the projector to see if the shield is ok, also made sure that the projector light is set to left hand drive version, and it is still not perfectly __/__/ for the beam pattern. Is there anyway that i can adjust my left projector so that it becomes perfectly __/ ? or that's just the way it should be?

thanks a lot, any comments welcome =D
2001 Yellow Focus ZX3
i got the /___ patter on mine. what hid kit did you get. I plan on one day upgrading
ZX3TUNR,Apr 19 2005, 12:15 AM Wrote:i got the /___ patter on mine. what hid kit did you get. I plan on one day upgrading
[right][snapback]102596[/snapback][/right]

i have the McCulloch HID conversion kit! :)

btw, would u mine post a pic of your beam pattern on the wall ?
2001 Yellow Focus ZX3
Willy I like your car. :P ;)
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
Looks awesome bro! Love those HID's
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
tdot-zx3,Apr 19 2005, 12: Wrote:Willy I like your car.  :P  ;)
[right][snapback]102599[/snapback][/right]

is Willie :angry: :P

oh and i now remember that i promised ZX3TUNR to take some HID beam pattern pics for him last year :P , so here they are :lol:
2001 Yellow Focus ZX3
I have that same beam too. When I was getting my halos fixed, the guy at the BMW dealership said that it was normal, they are supposed to look like that. Seems weird to me too. I've spent way too much time trying to adjust mine too.
I have Hid's too... :ph34r:
Run your car, not your mouth
HIDs rock!
2004 Mazda3 Sport GT, 5MT

Engine/Drivetrain: K&N Typhoon | HKS Hi-power catback | Mazdaspeed Sports Clutch | Mazdaspeed Lightweight Flywheel

Wheels/Suspension/Brakes: Work Emotion CR Kai 17x7 | Falken RT-615 225/45R17 | Tein Basic Dampers (coils) | Racing Beat 28.5mm Front Swaybar | Racing Beat 27mm Rear Swaybar | Techna-Fit SS Brakelines | Rotora Rotors

Misc.: AutoExe grille | 6000k HID lowbeams | 6000k HID foglights | Work Emotion CR Kai 17x7" | OEM kit | Alpine Amp, Components, Coaxials | OEM Minidisc HU
nice yelo! (Y-halo)

yeah we want more hids pics.. might eventually convince me into buying some..

i actually always wanted the Mach HID but they are just too expensive even used.. damn they look good though..
ZX3T gone..
My MACH's are ____/____/. I suspect your left projector (the entire housing) needs a slight twist CCW looking at it from the back. Not sure how it is configured on a Hella but it is only "off" a small amount, I wouldn't worry about it.

As for Mr. RHD HID's. :rolleyes: That is the sort of stuff that gives HID's such bad press and a potential ban like they are doing in the US. You aren't doing anyone here any favours.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
My Silverstars have a beam pattern of ,|,, ,,|,

:P

J/k, that looks awesome man... and I thought MY bulbs were bright! :o :blink:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
ya the left one looks a bit off, you may need to adjust the projector housing, then you will have a perfect upward splash. that cut-off is 10 times sharper than the one on my mach HID. I think because I have a glass lens over top the entire headlight, it makes the light less focused or something like that,
My other ride is your Mom
paolo,Apr 20 2005, 09:33 AM Wrote:ya the left one looks a bit off, you may need to adjust the projector housing,  then you will have a perfect upward splash. that cut-off is 10 times sharper than the one on my mach HID.  I think because I have a glass lens over top the entire headlight, it makes the light less focused or something like that,
[right][snapback]102953[/snapback][/right]

hmm~~ i've already tried to move the housing CCW, and that was the most CCW that i can turn .... SIGH~~

or maybe some other ppl were correct, they said the hella projectors are supposed to have this beam pattern :unsure:
2001 Yellow Focus ZX3

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Few Night Shots - Neat Light Trails NOS2Go4Me 3 1,536 08-10-2008, 08:13 AM
Last Post: NOS2Go4Me
  Night Shots FociBC 13 3,737 09-22-2005, 12:33 PM
Last Post: darkpuppet