Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cai/strut Bar Rubbing
hey just wondering if this might cause anything bad ...they aren't hittin each other anymore i lowered the strut bar so now it is just a constant pressure on the MAF pressing the CAI pipe back ...i dunno check it out seee if anyone has any thoguhts on it...

<a href='http://img26.photobucket.com/albums/v77/focis8nt/trouble.jpg'>[Image: trouble.jpg]</a>
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
i can't tell what's what. too much bling. jk
Hey if you can I would move the strut bar the enigne movement while driving will knock the MAF sensor and with time might cause you some problems since they are sensitve to some degree and in the end it will cost you a pretty penny to repalce.

Fallen.
if something is hitting the MAF sensor you definitely want to move something so there is no contact

yeah see but its not hittig it they just sit against tightly??
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
Get a small piece of soft foam and insert it between the two, the preassure of the two against each other will hold it in there, but it will make sure that nothing gets &quot;knocked&quot; too hard and there shouldn't be any issues.
Run your car, not your mouth
The soft foam will adjust to the imprint of the bar and wont cusion anyting the pressure will still be there. Soft foam only works if there is about half a centimeter of room to play so if it does move it wont hit the plastic and crack it. If you can afford to pay for a new maf every time you break leave it, but put it this way the price you pay for the brace and the new maf after the other ones break is it really worth the bar?
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
Hey, that usually happens when you buy a generic strut bar like a Ractive one! I have know problems with mine as it is from Focus Central and is fitted for the Foci! ;)
Silver 05 ZX4 SES

RPM Black 501 18X7, Falken 215/35/18's, MBRP Stainless Cat-Back Exhaust Gen 2, FocusSport Header and Flex, Eibach Sportlines, Eibach Struts & Shocks, Eibach Sway Bars, AEM Cold Intake, FocusSport Strut Bar, Pioneer Head Unit, Boston 6.5 for Doors, Speedhut White Face Gauges, Momo Pedals, Crystal Clear Bumper Lenses, Niken Shorty Antena, Tint. RS Widebody Kit Ready for 2010...!

Fat Guy in Small Car...