Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MASSIVE strutbars, Are they worth it?
I was thinking about ordering the massive strutbars an just wanted to know if anybody on here uses them. An also if anybody has had any experience with the massive racespec camber arms an the racespec toe arms?
No experience with Massiv, but I do run all these types of items from other manufacturers. If you need advice on installation, more than welcome to help you on that.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
all strut bars are pretty well the same. they look good and the upper bar will do little to the car but look good under the hood. you will notice a slightly stiffer chassis if you already have good suspension upgrades. past that you wont notice anything if your mostly stock as you wont be pushing the car with stiff parts on it
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
(07-09-2011, 11:48 PM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote: No experience with Massiv, but I do run all these types of items from other manufacturers. If you need advice on installation, more than welcome to help you on that.

I was just wondering how much camber would be good to run, i was thinking maybe -2.5 up front an -1.5 out back. Its a DD.
I think mine is -0.5 on all 4 as I prefer less tire wear. However under -2.5 is good.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
(07-11-2011, 02:27 PM)adamzx5 Wrote:
(07-09-2011, 11:48 PM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote: No experience with Massiv, but I do run all these types of items from other manufacturers. If you need advice on installation, more than welcome to help you on that.

I was just wondering how much camber would be good to run, i was thinking maybe -2.5 up front an -1.5 out back. Its a DD.

For a dd I would think the stock camber is the right way to go ... even if lowered by 1.5" a Focus in good condition should be able to be within the stock settings at the front (all of mine have been) ... and just a little out at the back.

IMO there is no need to have adjustable camber on the front for dd - especially considering the cost of a good system (don't use the cheap ones, they cause more problems than they solve) ... and as for the rear, the camber adjusters are inexpensive and easily installed, so why not.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I kind of agree. I have a massive bar on my 06 ST and it feels a bit stiffer (most likely all in my head). When i bought it i was more going for the look and color to be honest. Its a very tight fit. A bit of a pain if you want to get into your fuse panel under the hood. Other than that I love having it there. Looks great when you pop the hood.
Current: 2006 Focus ZX4 ST. Tuxedo Black and Sterling Grey
Mods: 7" double din Alpine touch screen audio unit, K&N typhoon CAI, Steeda short shifter, custom two tone paint, rear wing delete, Angel eye headlight kit with 6000K HID upgrade, tinted windows, tail lights, and marker lights, Eibach Sportline springs on Tokico shocks and struts, Eibach front and rear sway bar kit. 17x7 Ikon Black Zen Wheels. Massive front and rear upper strut bar.