Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Issue, Or Two?
I have noticed recently that the car, a 2000 ZTS, won't reach the proper operating temperature at all, according to the gauge. The gauge will show heat, but when I am on the highway, the temperature goes down. I don't know if it's a serious "issue" or what. There is heat into the cabin so I won't freeze, but still.......Also, I've noticed recently, as in yesterday, that I am leaking what looks like plain old water from somewhere at the back of the engine bay, as the "water" leaks onto the frame and then out on the ground. It doesn't feel or smell like coolant or hydraulic fluid.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
Maybe it's just run off from the compressor, also when did you change the water pump, and thermostate, for the heat prob.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

I changed the thermostat last year. Although, I'm starting to think that if the thermostat is stuck open, that could become an issue. Water pump, I would think, would cause overheating problem, and leaks, not a no heat issue.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
Sounds like a thermostat problem. Have you checked your coolant level in the resevoir? Could be a leaking thermostat housing causing a problem too.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

The exhaust has some small hole in it to let condensation out...if its just water, that could the 'issue' (which isnt really a problem)
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Also could be water coming out of the cowl drains, if it was a damp morning.

My Focus barely runs much above the 1/4 mark on the temp guage, unless I'm in traffic. Where does it go down to on the highway?
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
I would say it was the Thermostat. New thermostat are &quot;failsafe&quot;, meaning that if they fail they stick in the open position. Which would be the answer of your no heat problem. As for your water leak, I have no idea.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Focus man, Focus.,Nov 6 2008, 04:11 PM Wrote:I would say it was the Thermostat.&nbsp; New thermostat are &quot;failsafe&quot;, meaning that if they fail they stick in the open position.&nbsp; Which would be the answer of your no heat problem.&nbsp; As for your water leak, I have no idea.
[right][snapback]276103[/snapback][/right]

That would be good if he had a no heat problem. :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]