Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Day At Mbrp Well Spent
I have a 2007 SE Wagon and no one was offering a cat back exhaust for it so I called up MBRP a couple of weeks ago. We set up an appointment to have a test fit on my car. SO off to Hunstville yesterday and.....

They don't have a fitment for 2005-2007 wagons yet but had all the parts needed to put one together. They started out with a 2.5" front piece and muffler from a non-wagon and connected it to the second cat. A 2.25" tail piece from previous wagon years bolted right on. They had to fit a bit of a custom hanger for the tail pipe, but it was nothing more than a few extra washers to add some space.

They didn't guarantee that they would be providing a new kit for the 2005-2007 wagons as they said they hadn't had many calls for them, but they might start stocking one with 2.25" all the way through if enough people ask.

I am very happy with the level of service and care that MBRP provided, and the quality of the exhaust system. I now have a nice sounding, not too loud, stainless and guaranteed for life exhaust system. It's probably not going to add that much power or fuel efficiency but every little bit will help.
I like the sound of the MBRP as well. If I didn't have the Borla, that would of been my 2nd choice.
I'm pretty sure the custom hanger is a standard install item on all MBRP exhausts. I know mine has what you are describing, it's an '02?
Did you get the old pricing?
j3rt,Jun 7 2008, 06:52 AM Wrote:I'm pretty sure the custom hanger is a standard install item on all MBRP exhausts.  I know mine has what you are describing, it's an '02?
[right][snapback]266217[/snapback][/right]

The custom hanger is the one provided from the pre-2005 systems, but it still needed some extra spacing to get the end centred in the bumper cutout. Sorry, but my arrangement for the price with MBRP is private.
MBRP is good like that...

When I had my MBRP installed, I was one of the first '05 sedans they did and they initially assumed that the pre '05 kit would be a direct fit more or less...

Not so much, t'was a good thing I had brought the company laptop to pass the time because it took them a while to get everything done (They wanted to delete my 2bd cat initally, but being from Southern Ontario meant I would have run afoul of Drive Scam had I let them do as they wanted...

Now that I'm on the Fusion, they don't have anything for it, though I have offered them my car as a test/fitment mule if they do decide the demand is there (Here's hoping... I miss the MBRP sound)

NefCanuck
LightAges,Jun 7 2008, 11:02 AM Wrote:
j3rt,Jun 7 2008, 06:52 AM Wrote:I'm pretty sure the custom hanger is a standard install item on all MBRP exhausts.  I know mine has what you are describing, it's an '02?
[right][snapback]266217[/snapback][/right]

The custom hanger is the one provided from the pre-2005 systems, but it still needed some extra spacing to get the end centred in the bumper cutout. Sorry, but my arrangement for the price with MBRP is private.
[right][snapback]266218[/snapback][/right]

no big deal, i was just wondering because I ordered mine a couple days after they updated the website, and the old pricing was no longer posted. They did give me the old pricing in the end though, which was sweet.
So you got the development deal price eh? ;)

I helped them do their work for the 05-07 ZX5/ZX3 :) If they showed you any pics of a red hatch with SVT EAP rims, that's my old ride. Lorraine and the crew are a class act.

Did you get a chance to shoot the s*** with Martin? He's a hell of a gear head!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 9 2008, 07:51 AM Wrote:Did you get a chance to shoot the s*** with Martin? He's a hell of a gear head!
[right][snapback]266289[/snapback][/right]

No, I was dealing with Jessie, Darren and Dave the installer. In and out in 2 hours actually.